Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

You think old people don't use much data, think again.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Okay, it's partially my fault. It's my 85 year old Dad & his 74(?) year old girlfriend. They wouldn't have known of DishAnywhere or how to use it if it wasn't for me. Dad has the Dish account as his house, but since his breathing issues, he spends most of the time at her place across town. I gave her a new Tv and Firestick so they can use DishAnywhere. Yesterday I was on the Comcast site checking package pricing for a church that called looking for Internet to do Zoom services. While in there I see Comcast lists a run data total. Dad's showed 1.4 TERAbytes used for the month so far. That's interesting, so I found where I could see his previous months. His average is about 1.3 TERAbytes/mo. I now see new packages list a data cap of 1.2 TERAbytes/mo. I'm not sure if this why Dad says they haven't been able to use DishAnywhere for the last 4 weekends, but just weekends, or not. They can still use other streaming services.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, it's partially my fault. It's my 85 year old Dad & his 74(?) year old girlfriend. They wouldn't have known of DishAnywhere or how to use it if it wasn't for me. Dad has the Dish account as his house, but since his breathing issues, he spends most of the time at her place across town. I gave her a new Tv and Firestick so they can use DishAnywhere. Yesterday I was on the Comcast site checking package pricing for a church that called looking for Internet to do Zoom services. While in there I see Comcast lists a run data total. Dad's showed 1.4 TERAbytes used for the month so far. That's interesting, so I found where I could see his previous months. His average is about 1.3 TERAbytes/mo. I now see new packages list a data cap of 1.2 TERAbytes/mo. I'm not sure if this why Dad says they haven't been able to use DishAnywhere for the last 4 weekends, but just weekends, or not. They can still use other streaming services.
If he has their leased modem, unlimited data is $11 more on Comcast.

he is likely paying overages as it’s $10 for each 50 GB over.

nothing wrong with using a ton of data. It’s not like he has gotw3, viasat or hughesnet.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Why would either of them be using a Comcast modem? Nope, no overages, the bill goes through me and nothing fluctuates.

Top Bottom