Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wipe New.... Head light restorer

skypros

Administrator
I seen this commercial for "wipe new" to restore your headlight lenses.

I thought yea right, almost nothing works like they claim on these commercials...... So I started doing "internet research" and seen most people have very good things to say about this product.

So I went and purchased a "kit" and it works just like they say..... The clouded headlight lenses look NEW now!!!

Just thought I would pass on my experience as I am sure some of you have some vehicles with cloudy headlights.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1E4MF88MZKJYT2Q7487P

sattec

EX Dish Network Retailer
you just sold 25 units for the company!!!!!

Bruno

Dish Network Retailer
Deep woods off. Does the same thing.
REALLY??

I was a local convience store and they were showing off a Race product that restored the headlight cover. They did ONE of my two but i still didnt buy the product.

dishnorth

Dish Network Retailer
not sure about this specific product above, but I bought a restoration kit at walmart a couple years ago with great results...

you had to scratch up the headlight with fine grit wet sandpaper, then wipe it off, then apply the coating, and i think then polish off.

worked great.

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
I need new headlights for an 87-88 ford thunderbird.....these are 'composite' (plastic) units which take a 9004 bulb, and were among the early adaptings of this paradigm (see 1984 linc mk7).....they contributed greatly to the original 1983 'aero' t-bird styling, and look stunning when new....

unfortunately, they haven't been made available in years, and all you can hope for is to find junkyard parts.....the problem goes beyond just polishing up the exterior; the same discoloration eventually happens to the inside, and then even of you cut them apart to polish both the inside and out of the front, the reflective chrome backing has degraded, and even with a clear lens produces an unfocused beam.....

i have compensated by buying 'Sylvania silverstar ultra' replacement bulbs, but this is a limited fix, and the bulbs don't seem to last....they have however, agreed in a settlement to pay $10 or so to each aggrieved party, with the lawyers getting a million.....

ford motor, even though having inadvertently produced a car which will run forever, back in their jap-response 'quality' days, is only required to make available replacement parts for 9 yrs from date of mfg.....

they don't want to make it easy not to throw away......

I like ford.....I think.....just nothing they're currently doing :rolleyes:

Last edited:

john348

Dish Network Retailer
I need new headlights for an 87-88 ford thunderbird.....these are 'composite' (plastic) units which take a 9004 bulb, and were among the early adaptings of this paradigm (see 1984 linc mk7).....they contributed greatly to the original 1983 'aero' t-bird styling, and look stunning when new....

unfortunately, they haven't been made available in years, and all you can hope for is to find junkyard parts.....the problem goes beyond just polishing up the exterior; the same discoloration eventually happens to the inside, and then even of you cut them apart to polish both the inside and out of the front, the reflective chrome backing has degraded, and even with a clear lens produces an unfocused beam.....

i have compensated by buying 'Sylvania silverstar ultra' replacement bulbs, but this is a limited fix, and the bulbs don't seem to last....they have however, agreed in a settlement to pay $10 or so to each aggrieved party, with the lawyers getting a million.....

ford motor, even though having inadvertently produced a car which will run forever, back in their jap-response 'quality' days, is only required to make available replacement parts for 9 yrs from date of mfg.....

they don't want to make it easy not to throw away......

I like ford.....I think.....just nothing they're currently doing :rolleyes:
http://www.andysautosport.com/products/gts__GT0226C.html

Top Bottom