Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who is this Cable Guy?

Book

Dish Network Retailer
I just found out my local cable company got bought out for $5000.00 per sub! Supposedly the purchasing cable company is headed by a guy who co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates? It doesn't break my heart because the only way for him to recoop his investment is to raise rates, but I am curious what he is up to. Supposedly he's on a buying spree of many cable companies. Anyone know anything about this guy and what his plans are?

laser1

Book, you must have Bresnan Comm. in your area. They were recently (Tuesday) bought out by Charter Comm. (I think that's the right name) It is owned by the guy you were making reference too. It was a $3 billion deal. Charter is #4 in the nation and Bresnan was #7. Charter has a strong focus on data and could care less about video.

------------------
Ain't life great!!!

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
i don't know what cable is goin for 5k/sub, but it has to be a larger/lucrative mkt...around here, the smaller cable co's are in a death spiral, continually selling for less and less as the bleeding to dbs intensifies...

Book

Dish Network Retailer
Yes Laser, it was Bresnan.Do you know much more about this Charter companies track record? Rates for basic?

G

[This message has been edited by arrogant (edited July 04, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by arrogant (edited July 06, 1999).]

Top Bottom