Update on Rural fix

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, just got off the phone with Scott at GotW3. He said to have customers take a screenshot of their home page on the GotW3 modem. Have them email it to YOU and then YOU email it to dealersupport@revgennetworks.com do NOT have customers use this email or he said they WILL kill it. This is for dealers ONLY. This will help them push through the imei update and get the customer back up and running.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I've already gotten a response on the first one I submitted. It said it had been sent in for imei reset. Will post back when unit is back working.
Time I got response was 2:30 ct

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I figured that was going to happen. AT&T has no way of finding out the customers imei number without us or them contacting the customer directly. Naturally it will be all put on our shoulders to get them this info. Just total B.S. Half of my customers can't get an email right now and the other half will have no clue how to send me a screenshot.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
The customer I gave my demo unit to, now has the correct SIM card # showing on her account, but still has no service, 0.04 DN/0.01 up. When she switches to the demo which almost touches her modem, speedtest.net shows 17dn/7up. She's confirmed it's showing Broadband and she unplugged for 15 minutes.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Until AT&T updates the imei information on THEIR end, nothing will get fixed.....and we ALL know how clueless and inefficient AT&T is.

They still don't have any Urban lines and are only able to activate 10-20 per day with newly disconnected lines. IF you are still selling Urban accts you should STOP immediately until this gets worked out.

One thing is for certain......it won't be long until another turd hits the fan with this company. All you have to do is look at the mailer they sent out to customers and see how screwed up the directions were and you'll get a great insight to the incompetence that reigns in most companies these days.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Agree totally. Not selling any Rural Plans. Got a call from a guy we installed Rural last Thursday, a $1000+ job with connections to barn, cameras, off-air antenna, extenders, etc. We took down his Dish and Hughesnet and now he has .01 up/down. He's pissed. My thought is AT&T couldn't give a shit about the imei because they get their money no matter what router the customer is using. I think this imei thing is all Gotw3 so they can make sure all routers are being purchased from them. I've actually had two customers that told me they were using Nighthawk Sim routers because the coverage was better. Incidentally I got info from two people since last night that their routers have been working fine ever since they put in their new sims? I just don't get it.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I've got one customer who has two Rural units, one is working, the other not. There is NO rhyme or reason to this mess.

If they are using a Nighthawk modem/router then their unit probably won't be turned back on.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Collins Update:
“On 10/29 we identified that around 9,000 of our 28,000 AT&T customers are being throttled. It has to do with IMEI and system update that has restricted the network monitoring thus causing lines to be throttled. This is happening to customers with data only plans and is not a GotW3 issue.

GotW3 will have new list of affected customers this morning and will be reaching out via email to all. We are hopeful that AT&T has resolved a majority of the lines overnight, as

we were notified that they have a solution but do not know how long it will take to implement.

Our management team is working on a plan for the customers affected and will announce soon.

Thank for all your help during this challenge.”

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
During the T-Mobile crash in September, I switched a bunch of people to AT&T, remember it took 11 days for them to get activated. None of these people were sent a new sim card. The ones I called this morning said their internet is working. Go figure.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Just got a message from the customer with my demo, she says now the demo is down too. I didn't get sent a new card. Then she asks what I know about Att. Besides they suck? She was just on Facebook and it appears one of our local towers is having issues.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
There are a LOT of tower issues these days.

We had a ton of our Urban customers flood our phone a few weeks ago....no internet or signal. Found out a couple days ago that T-Mobile had updated equipment on that tower and in order to do so, had it turned off for 8 hrs......didn't inform anyone, just did it.

VORTEX

Dish Network Retailer
Can't wait to see how long it takes to get the IMEI info updated. We are sending in a lot of them. I bet you guys are as well.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I've not been told to send in any imei's. Just had another customer cancel. Unfortunately I don't think I can trust this company any longer. I'm searching for another distributor of a similar product.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to see how long it takes to get the IMEI info updated. We are sending in a lot of them. I bet you guys are as well.
That's about ALL I've been doing. This crap is tying up my business phone. First we needed to email the customer's old sim and new sim numbers, NOW we are having to email screenshots of their modem's homepage. Total waste of OUR time. I have NO confidence that even doing THIS is going to fix things but I don't really see where I have much of an option. It has been one customer after the other with NO end in sight.