Update on new radio ad

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
As I mentioned on another thread, I started running a new radio ad, actually two. In one I mention that we can get to their install within 1-3 days......Dish is right now giving dates over 1 MONTH out. The other ad I mention that Dish is sending out $300 Mastercard offers.....I mention that these are legit AND that we'll make sure the promo code is entered properly so they'll be sure to get the gift card. We are already getting responses from this ad.

Now I don't do ANY coop ads because I want MY words and MY voice on these ads. I have people mention to me all the time that my ads really stand out. The REASON they stand out is because they don't sound canned.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
As I mentioned on another thread, I started running a new radio ad, actually two. In one I mention that we can get to their install within 1-3 days......Dish is right now giving dates over 1 MONTH out. The other ad I mention that Dish is sending out $300 Mastercard offers.....I mention that these are legit AND that we'll make sure the promo code is entered properly so they'll be sure to get the gift card. We are already getting responses from this ad.

Now I don't do ANY coop ads because I want MY words and MY voice on these ads. I have people mention to me all the time that my ads really stand out. The REASON they stand out is because they don't sound canned.
You need to run the coop ad, then work a side deal with the radio station to switch the ad after the first one ran and they invoice you so they have the signed copy of what aired.

Just explain what needs to happen with the radio sales rep.

If they want your business bad enough they will run it.

I ran a $10,000 campaign in 2006. I got 60% coop and had $4,000 out of pocket.

The advertising rep threw in (2) Super Bowl tickets which I sold for $5000 on stub hub after their commission.

Switched the ad from the dish approved ad to my own ad. Got $10k worth of ads and put $1000 in my pocket.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I thought about doing that and I know a dealer who is. I just don't want to "muddy the waters" by having the Dish written ads running in conjunction with mine. The way I look at it, these ads really aren't costing me ANYTHING....they are free. Now how can I say this? I advertise primarily on Talk Radio and another station that plays classic country. Just about every sale is a tier 3 or 4 customer so we get the high credit score incentive. We ALSO don't waste a bunch of time on the phone with people who don't pass the credit check.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Another update: We are still doing very well with these new ads. Mentioning that you can get to them very quickly has been HUGE!! You got some customer who just ordered Dish through some flyer from GoDish and they get an install date 5 weeks out. They are driving around and they here my ad.....I can get to you in a day or two and I do ALL my own installs. It is literally like fishing in a barrel. Been selling an average of 2 a day.