Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The year with NO black Friday?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member

This is an interesting move in the retail world. Target has announced that they will not have the traditional black-Friday sale and will be closed Thanksgiving day. The primary reason cited was they didn't want to create a situation where thousands of people would be crowded in their stores.

Won't affect me either way, I avoid black Friday like the plague.....I couldn't care less if they were selling $100 bills for 49.99 ea.

DishDude1

Dish Network Retailer
It's ridiculous that these stores are open on major holidays.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Something good actually came out of COVID-19.

But what this really is more of an attempt to expand the holiday shopping season to eventually begin in October.

It’s the same bullshit every year.

Valentine’s Day
Easter
Mother’s Day
Father’s Day
4th if July
Back to school
Halloween
Christmas

With Christmas being the most profitable of them all, they want Christmas to be every month.

They are not even doing thanksgiving anymore. They are starting Christmas around Columbus Day and By Halloween it’s into full gear.

In order to move Christmas earlier, they need to get rid of Black Friday. Problem is none of the big stores wanted to play chicken and actually do it.

Now they can blame it all on Covid, and yell everyone how much they care and want up keep is all safe by staying closed.

Next you’ll see them saying they want to do smaller sales throughout November leading to Black Friday.

I smell bullshit.

Let’s just cancel Christmas shopping this year like we did Easter.

I quit buying everyone presents years ago. Everyone in my house just buys whatever they want whenever they want anyways.

Top Bottom