Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the unmarked letter from ergenwood

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
i mean englewood....to me, a dead giveaway, but not to many....they don't put 'dish' on the envelope, because they know it goes straight to trash

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
i mean englewood....to me, a dead giveaway, but not to many....they don't put 'dish' on the envelope, because they know it goes straight to trash
Yeah we quit putting the Dish or Directv logo on any mail-piece we sent out.

Found what works best is sending a letter with a coat or arms with the name "Michael J Hanna P,C"

They immediately open it because they think its coming from an attorney.

If you put a Dish or Directv logo on the letter, it goes immediately in the trash without the customer ever opening it

john348

Dish Network Retailer
Yeah we quit putting the Dish or Directv logo on any mail-piece we sent out.

Found what works best is sending a letter with a coat or arms with the name "Michael J Hanna P,C"

They immediately open it because they think its coming from an attorney.

If you put a Dish or Directv logo on the letter, it goes immediately in the trash without the customer ever opening it
your right i throw many away

Barricklow

Dish Network Retailer
We sent a 3 phase direct mail once. Second mailer said "2nd notice" the third said "3rd notice", by the time the third went out we had people calling and yelling at us. The boss was getting the letters and concerned the staff who saw the mail was thinking they weren't the bills. Man, we got a lot of people calling but they were all pissed. Even had one greener demand we pick up the mail we sent and recycle it!!!

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
We sent a 3 phase direct mail once. Second mailer said "2nd notice" the third said "3rd notice", by the time the third went out we had people calling and yelling at us. The boss was getting the letters and concerned the staff who saw the mail was thinking they weren't the bills. Man, we got a lot of people calling but they were all pissed. Even had one greener demand we pick up the mail we sent and recycle it!!!
I had some smart ass decide to mail me back every Dish advertisement he received in the mail.

About once per week I would get an envelops with whatever advertisement he had gotten in the mail that week.

I tried calling the guy to give him Dish Networks corporate address, and he kept blowing a whistle in the phone.

Fuck Him....

I finally just sent him the awesome "Dish Latino" marketing kit that we had received with all the Latino banners, literature and marketing supplies.

I would actually throw away all the Dish Latino crap anyways, so it was a perfect way to get rid of it.

I sent it with no return address, so he couldn't write return to sender. Figured if he wanted to mail it to me, he would have to spend $20 mailing it back.

Never got another letter from him again :)

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
did you vote for trump? you both seem to know how to deal with whistleblowers

dishnorth

Dish Network Retailer
Great solution Claude. I miss the old days. ( most of them a least ). got us all where we are today

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Great solution Claude. I miss the old days. ( most of them a least ). got us all where we are today
True

I remember the days when we would worship Charlie and would be proud to say we represented Dish.

Today, drive by a place with a Dish500 or a Dish Network Dish that’s missing a an LNB, I smile knowing Dish paid for a customer who is now disconnected and all the thousands of customers I helped disconnect and switch to another provider.

Top Bottom