the unmarked letter from ergenwood

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
i mean englewood....to me, a dead giveaway, but not to many....they don't put 'dish' on the envelope, because they know it goes straight to trash

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
i mean englewood....to me, a dead giveaway, but not to many....they don't put 'dish' on the envelope, because they know it goes straight to trash

Yeah we quit putting the Dish or Directv logo on any mail-piece we sent out.

Found what works best is sending a letter with a coat or arms with the name "Michael J Hanna P,C"

They immediately open it because they think its coming from an attorney.

If you put a Dish or Directv logo on the letter, it goes immediately in the trash without the customer ever opening it

john348

Dish Network Retailer
Yeah we quit putting the Dish or Directv logo on any mail-piece we sent out.

Found what works best is sending a letter with a coat or arms with the name "Michael J Hanna P,C"

They immediately open it because they think its coming from an attorney.

If you put a Dish or Directv logo on the letter, it goes immediately in the trash without the customer ever opening it

your right i throw many away

Barricklow

Dish Network Retailer
We sent a 3 phase direct mail once. Second mailer said "2nd notice" the third said "3rd notice", by the time the third went out we had people calling and yelling at us. The boss was getting the letters and concerned the staff who saw the mail was thinking they weren't the bills. Man, we got a lot of people calling but they were all pissed. Even had one greener demand we pick up the mail we sent and recycle it!!!

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
We sent a 3 phase direct mail once. Second mailer said "2nd notice" the third said "3rd notice", by the time the third went out we had people calling and yelling at us. The boss was getting the letters and concerned the staff who saw the mail was thinking they weren't the bills. Man, we got a lot of people calling but they were all pissed. Even had one greener demand we pick up the mail we sent and recycle it!!!

I had some smart ass decide to mail me back every Dish advertisement he received in the mail.

About once per week I would get an envelops with whatever advertisement he had gotten in the mail that week.

I tried calling the guy to give him Dish Networks corporate address, and he kept blowing a whistle in the phone.

Fuck Him....

I finally just sent him the awesome "Dish Latino" marketing kit that we had received with all the Latino banners, literature and marketing supplies.

I would actually throw away all the Dish Latino crap anyways, so it was a perfect way to get rid of it.

I sent it with no return address, so he couldn't write return to sender. Figured if he wanted to mail it to me, he would have to spend $20 mailing it back.

Never got another letter from him again :)

y2k

did you vote for trump? you both seem to know how to deal with whistleblowers

dishnorth

Dish Network Retailer
Great solution Claude. I miss the old days. ( most of them a least ). got us all where we are today

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Great solution Claude. I miss the old days. ( most of them a least ). got us all where we are today

True

I remember the days when we would worship Charlie and would be proud to say we represented Dish.

Today, drive by a place with a Dish500 or a Dish Network Dish that’s missing a an LNB, I smile knowing Dish paid for a customer who is now disconnected and all the thousands of customers I helped disconnect and switch to another provider.

y2k

i never went there, pushing my cx base off to dtv, though you know DiSH assumed that's what i would do after they canned me...but i was in it for the cx first, and i simply knew DiSH a lot better since i'd never done dtv, and i would have disserved cx's by trying to switch them while trying to catch up on all of dtv's versions of dbs bs....besides, imo DiSH technologies were better.....thus better for cx....but of course DiSH made sure to threaten to sue me....

lesson learned: i ignored red flags about DiSH because I was excited to serve cx's...i wasn't prepared for them to attack me (and disserve cx's) by direct-dealing to my community....now i'll only deal with those who demonstrate the utmost respect for dealers who serve cx's, such as caterpillar, inc.

Last edited:

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
i never went there, pushing my cx base off to dtv, though you know DiSH assumed that's what i would do after they canned me...but i was in it for the cx first, and i simply knew DiSH a lot better since i'd never done dtv, and i would have disserved cx's by trying to switch them while trying to catch up on all of dtv's versions of dbs bs....besides, imo DiSH technologies were better.....thus better for cx....but of course DiSH made sure to threaten to sue me....

lesson learned: i ignored red flags about DiSH because I was excited to serve cx's...i wasn't prepared for them to attack me (and disserve cx's) by direct-dealing to my community....now i'll only deal with those who demonstrate the utmost respect for dealers who serve cx's, such as caterpillar, inc.

I am in it for me, I am not in it for the customer. My familiy and livelyhood comes first before Charlie and any one of his customers he paid me to sign up.

Remember they where never "Our" customers

eddie_willers

Dish Network Retailer
I am in it for me, I am not in it for the customer.
Which is the beauty of capitalism.

The most "selfish" make sure their customers get what they want. That way they stay in business to remain "selfish".

Makes me wonder if Bernie was as good at customer service as he claims.

y2k

I never said I was good at cx service, i said that i took it seriously and put the customer first because ultimately it's cx satisfaction that feeds your family through the building of reputational capital- the ability to retain business and generate retainable new business...establishing a trusted community presence...you know, like what any other 'normal' cx-serving business would be all about...when DiSH got started, c. led us on to believe that he wanted our community presence, as modeled and proven from offair through c-band, to continue into DBS, to build a quality brand reputation as alternative to cable and dtv's satisfaction shortcomings...

boy did that fizzle quickly...DiSH starts up w/direct-selling, non-referring ads little more than one quarter post-launch, and the dealer community, as would later reflect on this board, quickly went its own greedy way in what became much more a scrum to make signups than to serve communities...DiSH further fueled this by signing up every comer simply to join the signup sweepstakes, to get that big inception payoff with NO servicing obligation...Recipe for chaos, of course...almost immediately began what would become an endless string of punishing 'rules' changes that ended up demoralizing servicing dealers by a thousand cuts...

what a distorted concept of capitalism- scratch for every today's dollar and the cx be damned...yes, claude, they really never were 'our' cx's, as c. had simply lied to lead us on...and you did come along after the chaos was already evident, not representing for community servicing...so you became the huckster they were then clearly soliciting...along with a lot of others...then they realized they were dealing with thousands of crooks, er, people who were going to quickly bleed them dry if they didn't go draco

Last edited: