Sore neck

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
My neck is killing me from being on the phone so much today.

BTW, just to add more misery to our life, T-Mobile activations seem to be taking several days....got one that is 5 days out and still not fired up.

VORTEX

Dish Network Retailer
JFC mine too. All day long. on the phone.

Any word on look this reprofiling takes? The native are restless.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I took the whole week off from doing any installations because I knew this thing was going to blow up. They sent me a list of everybody that was supposed to get New Sim Cards. Then they told me to send a report of all of my customer that were downloading and uploading .01 Mbps and a different report for everybody downloading over 1 Mbps and uploading more than 1 Mbps. WTF. How am I supposed to do that. Of my 55 Rural customers 45 are on this list. I told them nobody was downloading more than 1 Mbps, so they said contact all of your customers and get their new sim card number because for some reason AT&T did not have those numbers. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. On top of that I have 3 customers on that list claiming they never received a sim card in the mail. They told me to give them a new card out of my inventory and send in their name, old card #, new card # and they would take care of it. So far this has been a big fat losing deal for me, and the customers who will never get any type of credit for their incompetence. Today after 4 days I have not one customer including my own Dealer Sim that are working correctly.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
This just in from my rep at Collins after I told her I had another customer who did not get a New Sim Card in the mail:

Yes I would submit a new card for her like the last ones. When you send over, send to Damon, justin and copy myself.

There is a variety of things going on with gotW3, and no it’s not all about the outage. The outage is only in select areas. The bigger issue is the IMEI numbers off of the boxes was not entered on ATT’s side so it caused these boxes to be shut down when they put in their new sim card.

GotW3 is working with ATT to have these resolved hopefully by tomorrow. They will be sending communication to the customers affected as well.

There have been quite a few challenges with GotW3 this month and past month because they are trying to do things right with ATT.

Good news is new activations are going through without a problem since ATT identified what the problem was, they are making sure to attach the IMEI number on the back end. It’s just getting all the existing customers who received new sim cards loaded with IMEI numbers.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
What did your rep at Collins say about T-Mobile activations? We've got some that are 6 days out and still not active.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I contacted my rep at Dow with this info and asked WHY are they sitting on this information rather than making it immediately available to their dealers who have to actually FACE customers. She said she is asking for permission to send the info out to dealers.

I don't see WHY they have these meetings.....it does NO good. They keep the information secret...which NEGATES any value these meetings might offer. It totally reminds me of Viasat....endless meetings and NO resolutions.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I haven't asked about the T-Mobile activations, but I just did one 10 minutes ago and told her it might possibly work by next Mon. or Tues. No sense in being optimistic with this company anymore. There's something to be said for a communications company that places a link on their Homepage to "Cancel Service". The form didn't use to have a place to put the sim card number but it does now. Gotw3 looks up customers by their name instead of Phone number or Email, which has caused one of my customers names to get changed from Michael Kouts to Michael Counts. They told this dude he needed a new sim card 4 weeks ago so he came here and got one. He managed to get ahold of them and give them his new number, but he still doesn't haven't any internet and has called me 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks. I have sent three emails to the top dogs but it's still not resolved. I tested the guys router with my sim card and his router is fine. This is just unbelievable. My neck, my back, and my attitude are hurting.

VORTEX

Dish Network Retailer
Dealer Support is now asking for IMEI numbers from all reprofiling requests.

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Wonder what will happen to those we have already submitted without IMEI info?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
DOW just sent out an email, updating dealers on what is going on. As I read it, I got the feeling I had read it before...they copied and pasted Skynet's post #5 word for bloody word.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
The bigger issue is the IMEI numbers off of the boxes was not entered on ATT’s side so it caused these boxes to be shut down when they put in their new sim card
Whoops somebody made a booboo.
There have been quite a few challenges with GotW3 this month and past month because they are trying to do things right with ATT.
I'm not sure who is in charge of knowing what is RIGHT
Good news is new activations are going through without a problem since ATT identified what the problem was,
Hey way to go for doing your job right. Good luck 5G, since it seems they are still learning how to run 4G. 😂