Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Something odd I noticed last night about the Urban units

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
This is strange. I've got two of my Urban units here at the house. Both sims shows active with no issues. One works perfectly, the other will barely pull a page. Everything is the same as far as settings go. I've requested a line reset. We'll see if this fixes it.

ESGSAT

Dish Network Retailer
Probably will not be able to find out but ask the NOC tech if both router accounts are feed from the same inhouse NOC router. If not can both accounts be configured on the router working properly?
Seems more recently than not service issues do not revolve around the you must not of set it up properly field techs.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Had a conversation with GOTW3 Exec who told me that their relationship with T Mobile has soured , They have slowed the ability to stream across the board and we should now migrate everyone to AT&T. They may have a new relationship late this year with Verizon but for now Tmobile is out. I need to be compensated for my customers that have Tmobile. This situation is very bad. They claim that they have five thousand customers on Tmobile all effected. Now what. if this isn't fixed then we can no longer sell this. It looks bad for us.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Yes, that is what I was told this morning from their exec in Arizona. This is going to be a problem, I relayed this to my distributor who was completely unaware of this and caught off guard. I have sold this to a State Agency that is going to flip out and the repercussions will be bad. I guess if you not streaming You TUBe or Netflixs or any other ITPV box maybe it works . I have customers on mega yachts that needed to stream TV as they travel from location to location. It is now useless.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
They claim that they have five thousand customers on Tmobile all effected.
That information is NOT accurate. Don't know who you talked to but they were clueless. It has NOT affect all T-Mobile (Urban) customers. I've got 3 Urban units, two are down, one is still smoking. I've got many customer who ARE affected, I've got many who are NOT.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
you make no sense, it is working or its not?. My units that I have on the bench did not stream anything, left it off for a day and when rebooted it connected but could not hold a stream. The speed test on Friday was about 10 but still nothing. As it is now it is useless . I did indeed speak with a exec late Friday morning who said that they are having major issues now with T Mobile and things are not looking good. I was told I would be credited and migrated to AT &T. I told hime that my experience with them concerning DIRECTV . I also said they GOTW3 would be done? He claims no and that a Verizon deal is coming. Anyway we can't offer this unreliable product. The distributors are not even aware of this. My customers are going to go nuts and I have enough problems with what little business I have left after cover. In fact that's what has caused NETGENS problems with all the usage from it. I will try one unit on AT&T on Tuesday and if they doesn't make a difference then, I will shut them down and get the customer a refund. It will be over after that if not resolved.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
you make no sense, it is working or its not?...... I did indeed speak with a exec late Friday morning ...........
I have no idea how I didn't make any sense. Some T-Mobile customers are affected, some aren't, some are beginning to be. Everything's not a light switch...either on or off.

I didn't say you didn't speak to a top person at GotW3,, exec or whoever. What I said was that they were clueless. I actually spent an entire day with a couple of them a short while back....I know a clueless person when I meet one.....being on the Viasat dealer council gave me ALL the experience I need in this lifetime.

The Rural, AT&T, sims have their OWN set of issues. For one, my personal Rural unit I use for testing will no longer connect to the tower....acts just like the sim isn't activated yet. The sim shows active in the portal, they have done a line reset, still nothing. So now I have NO way of testing whether or not a Rural unit will work at a customer's house....been this way for 6 days. I'm converting one of my Urban accts to a Rural one, If my current Rural sim isn't working by then I'm cancelling it. We have had several customers whose Rural sims have been affected this way.

Another issue with Rural units is they have to be restarted several times a day....it's like AT&T has some type of timer set up in the system because it will still show internet connection but you are dead in the water. Reboot the unit and all is well.

Personally, I believe we are going to STOP selling GotW3 for a few days at least until the dust settles. I know another large dealer who is doing the same.

Sucks to be us I guess.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Thank you, please reach out to me, I need your input. I need to know if this is not fixed . That my customer who purchased 2 units will be refunded and should we try changing one to AT&T to see it it will stream. I haven't posted the name of the individual from Netgen here who had a long conversation with me detailing the issues that they have now with T Mobile. It didn't sound like it was going to be resolved and was going to sever their relationships.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I imagine you spoke to either Justin or Scott or Mike. Me? I'd rather talk to one of my Golden Retrievers....at least they love me :D

STVSGJ

Dish Network Retailer

C4R400 Router TM SERVICE –APNUPDATEThe new routers were shipped from China with the incorrect APN Server and needs to be changed. The effect of this causes the router to connect to a Verizon Enterprise Server for service and in some cases will reduce the bandwidth the customer receives. The following instructions will guide you through the manual steps to correct this issue. In the next few days a new firmware update file will be available for a smoother fix to this issue.This process is really a two-to-three minute fix. Your router will work withoutthese changes but if not changed it could affect your router speeds received from the tower

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
New from Collins. Somebody is finally admitting there is a problem:

Good Afternoon,

I know you may have some Tmobile customers that want to cancel their service, but are afraid to because of the $30 price increase that would occur if they reactivated after 10/1.

This is what Gotw3 just told us:

“While it will need to be a manual process, we will honor the $10 increase for any customers wanting to cancel and wait for the T-Mobile issues to be resolved.”

So any of your Tmobile customers that want to wait it out, can go ahead and cancel. Then when services are back up and running they can reactivate. This won’t throw them into the higher new customer pricing.

Let me know if you have any questions,

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
I sent a email today after having intermittent access. The units worked for a while and then went out. They are sending me AT&T Sims to replace the Tmobile ones. If this doesn't work then my customers will simply disconnect for good. I know I will have issues with the State Accounts. Big problem.I will keep you all informed

Top Bottom