RTN maybe coming your way!

sattec

EX Dish Network Retailer
Our local ABC just flipped our 5.3 to the RTN national feed, it used to be live radar. To find out if a station in your area is an RTN affiliate, checkout RTNville.com, I think, to see a list of the affiliates.......I like RTN so it's cool with me plus we have two other wx radar sites on 4.2 and 23.2....

AntAltMike

I watch it more than any other channel. The broadcast schedule is not national, but in my market, Magnum is at 9:00 PM M-F, followed by Rockford Files, and I watch It Takes a Thief, Alias Smith and Jones, and Run for Your Life every Saturday.

Unfortunately, these are mostly shows that TV Land dropped due to low ratings. Hopefully, a local digital broadcast subchannel is viable with a smaller share than what TV land requires.

RetroTV has the rights to those cheesy 1950s/60s detective shows where everyone talked like a mobster, including the good guys: 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside Six and Hawaiian Eye, but I saw some in rerun on WB Network a few years ago and the scripts were really lame.

I'd like to see Mannix run again by someone now that TV Land has given up on it. And Car 54 Where are You, and F Troop would still be entertaining.

Last edited:

AntAltMike

Two of my all time favorite comedies were I'm Dickens (John Astin), He's Fenster (Marty Ingalls) and The Double Life of Henry Phyfe, starring Red Buttons and Fred Clark, but there aren't enough episodes of either for block programming.

Last edited:

sattec

EX Dish Network Retailer
black sheep squadron, Adam -12, dragnet, leave it to beaver (32hour marathon start 4 pm 12/23), treasury agent, Andy Griffith, Alias Smith and Jones, Emergency 51, the problem is there is no guide to tell you times on the satellite FTA signal. When they get the guide info on FTA, it will be alot better, I can pre set one rx to follow my shows...maybe. I'm glad my local is on the national feed instead of it own feed....I like the national feed better than any of the affiliate fedds I can see. I can see about 14.

eddie_willers

Dish Network Retailer
Well I'll be darned.

That explains why I saw some old shows when I accidentally went to WSB-TV D-2 on the 722's OTA tuner.

I'll have to check it out.