People are just dumb

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
So a lady calls me a few minutes ago to complain a Comcast line fell down infront of her house, and hit the power line and sparked.

ME: Ok, well you'll need to call comcast customer service at 800-Comcast and request for a tech to come out and fix it

Customer: Your guys are already here fixing it

Me: Ok, so what can I help you with

Customer: I have no power, its out in half our house.

Me: Then call DTE, the power company

Customer: it was your line that caused it

Me: We are not the power company

Customer: Well who is going to pay for this?

Me: Comcast does not fix power lines, they can't

Customer: Well who does

ME: The power company, would you like their number

Customer: I already called them

Me: Then why are you calling me?

Gorilla

Dish Network Retailer
Dumb on all accounts for sure. I am curious how or why they called you thinking you were Comcast. When you sell them Comcast, did you actually have to make the sale to her, or do you just give Comcast the customers info, and they give you a referral for the sale? I only do commercial Comcast, and I am lucky that they really don't call me with any issues. I have seen the shoddy work their installers do in commercial buildings, and if customers called me, it would be a nightmare.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Dumb on all accounts for sure. I am curious how or why they called you thinking you were Comcast. When you sell them Comcast, did you actually have to make the sale to her, or do you just give Comcast the customers info, and they give you a referral for the sale? I only do commercial Comcast, and I am lucky that they really don't call me with any issues. I have seen the shoddy work their installers do in commercial buildings, and if customers called me, it would be a nightmare.
What do you get paid on commercial?

Im at 3x MRC. So on a $500 bill I get $1500

Gorilla

Dish Network Retailer
On commercial, I am setup to get 12.5% monthly residual. Cox is also in my area. Cox pays 2.75 X MRC upfront on a 2 year contract, and 4.25 x MRC on a 3 year. I have to sell these all they way through and get signed contracts.

I was looking at the residential side too. Do you have to sign them up yourself, or do you just have to refer the customers name and address, and then get a referral fee once they sign up? Referral sounds like the better option for residential based on your original post. Let me know.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
I can do 1 of 4 things...

1) Get 3x MRC, send the lead to a company I work with. They do everything since they get 6x MRC and split the sale with me.

2) I can get $50 lead reguardless if it turns into a sale.

3) $150 per installed sale

4) 12% residual.

Look at it this way, sell a $500/mo account, take the $1500 upfront and be done with it.

If you work it out as a percentage, your talking a little over 2 years worth of residuals.

I think the chargeback is like 90 days on my deal, but if the business goes belly up in 6 months, like most do, you come out ahead.

Gorilla

Dish Network Retailer
How does residential Comcast work? How does that get paid??

The upfront payment for businesses makes sense especially with COVID and lockdowns.