New Record

EZJ

Dish Network Retailer
A guy paid for his FFA activation today in QUARTERS!

Old fart. lol.

I only agreed because I may be able to double up if I see some good silver. :)
 

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
If you think thats bad, I had a guy come in here and buy a $4000 set of Dayton Gold spoke Tires and Rims in all 1, and 5 dollar bills :)

We needed a little box to take it all the bank :)
 

EZJ

Dish Network Retailer
He paid the tax in dollars. Go figure.

CHECK THIS OUT.

After telling us he had something like $700 in the bank, the guy comes back and wants a refund because his light bill is due this week and it is going to be $110.

I'm like.........I see. Why did you pay in quarters?

Customer: I just wanted to get rid of them.

Ah. I figure it isn't my business and I wasn't in the mood to press him about his financial situation.

600 coin refund.

F-ing goofball. I can't think of a kinder analogy. That is being light.
 

joe1116

Dish Network Retailer
In the c-band days we sold thousands of antennas. many were in the iner-city neighborhoods of New York. I could always tell who I was dealing with by how I was paid. THe majority of our installs were between $2800 and $3600.

$100 bills - usually crisp and clean - citizen that went to the bank.
$20 bills - usually the cocaine dealer
$10 bills - usually the pot dealer
$5, and even $1 bills - the local crack dealer
 

EZJ

Dish Network Retailer
lol. Very funny.

I'm thinking I'm going to be running into that with Security Cameras soon.

It's inevitable really. As long as they share, maybe I will give them a discount. :)
 

mistergadget

Dish Network Retailer
Years ago I ran a paging and celluar copmany and had a stripper that would come in and pay her bill in 1's . . . never did sniff them but can only imagine where they had been ! ! ! :eek:
 

Best Satellites

On a long vacation!
mistergadget said:
Years ago I ran a paging and celluar copmany and had a stripper that would come in and pay her bill in 1's . . . never did sniff them but can only imagine where they had been ! ! ! :eek:
Maybe the bills where scratch and sniff...
 

eddie_willers

Dish Network Retailer
Years ago I ran a paging and cellular company and had a stripper that would come in and pay her bill in 1's
I had one come in with a plunging neckline that she reached into for the cash she used buy her big screen TV.

I was sooooooo tempted to reach back in there and say, "Thanks....and here's your change!"
 

Book

Dish Network Retailer
$100 bills - usually crisp and clean - citizen that went to the bank.
$20 bills - usually the cocaine dealer
$10 bills - usually the pot dealer
$5, and even $1 bills - the local crack dealer

And now it's

Paid by Food Stamps - the local satellite dealer :D
 

ClearCom

Dish Network Retailer
joe1116 said:
In the c-band days we sold thousands of antennas. many were in the iner-city neighborhoods of New York. I could always tell who I was dealing with by how I was paid. THe majority of our installs were between $2800 and $3600.

$100 bills - usually crisp and clean - citizen that went to the bank.
$20 bills - usually the cocaine dealer
$10 bills - usually the pot dealer
$5, and even $1 bills - the local crack dealer

Or the local stripper!!
 

Best Satellites

On a long vacation!
Dam... If they are making that much money I think I will change my work ethics... I personall think having a gut might be sexy... What do ya think infamious... :rolleyes:
 

prohangups

Dish Network Retailer
Back when travelers checks were a new thing, a old lady paid my father with 3 -$100 travelers checks. When he went to deposit them, the bank pointed out that the lady needed to sign them a second time for them to be good. My father went back to the ladys house to find she had died. Fortunatly she had a caring daughter who forged her mother's signiture.
 

mistergadget

Dish Network Retailer
Best Satellites said:
Dam... If they are making that much money I think I will change my work ethics... I personall think having a gut might be sexy... What do ya think infamious... :rolleyes:

That stripper made real good money and she was a mother of 3 boys . . . her husband was in the Army (we had been in the same unit) . . . said she made about $1000 each weekend.

. . . and Best, please keep your clothes on . . . don't want to scare the children ! ! ! ;)

[please don't take it personal . . . don't know you, really, but the gut needs to stay covered :eek: ]
 

JSSatellites

Dish Network Retailer
I went and done a service call for someone that is not my original customer. They had broken a part on the dish300 reflector by messing with it or something. I called them and they said they would send a replacement and I replaced it for them. They wanted to pay me in food stamps for my $50-70 service call. I do not remember the exact amount that I charged. I told them that I could not accept them as a form of payment and needed the money. They paid me a check. Thank goodness it was good. They had the money just did not want to pay it. At least I got them a free part.
 
Top