Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MPEG FTA

Dishatlanta

Dish Network Retailer
I need a couple units to try out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I prefer to do business with someone on the board.

Craig

Murphy was an optimist.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
I got a slightly used Zinwell MPEG2 FTA reciever I could sell you for $175 Delivered.

Its in like new condition and includes the origional box and remote.

Tom Taylor deals with this stuff also, might want to call him

Dishatlanta

Dish Network Retailer
How do you like it? I'm looking for something with easy setup. My old zinwell was tricky.

Craig

PRO SAT

Dish Network Retailer
http://www.dmsiusa.com/db6600+ci.htm

How about something local.... Acworth!

I have installed 6 so far.

These are great.

$119 from DSI in Kennasaw.

Notice:
****The above statement is an opinion, an opinion only and has no facts or documents to the points. The above OPINION is for private use only and should not be used in any form or fashion to the advantage of visitors on this board. *****

joe1116

Dish Network Retailer
http://www.mpeg2fta.com

This is Tom Taylor here on the board.

He has distributed FTA for many years.

Just an "inefficient, disfavored retailer" trying to make a living.
I am DISH Network

kmyers

On a long vacation!
I have the BEC 6600 and it works great. I got mine from Tom Taylor.

asat

Dish Network Retailer
Does anyone know if the DB6600+CI receiver is compatible with Globecast World tv service which uses Nagravision Encryption?

Tom Taylor

Dish Network Retailer
The new 6600+ CI has a board that will allow the use of Conditional Access Modules that match the scrambling method, i.e. Viaaccess, Newsdata, Irdeto, Nagra etc.. In other words the user will acquire a CAM which is a device that inserts like a PCMCIA device which in turn takes the smart card. You should be familiar with PCMCIA devices from laptop computers. Nagra comes in a couple of different flavors. There is the commercial variety used by several businesses such as the IBM learning network which this receiver will support. Then there is the proprietary high security method used by Dish that only works with Dish Net receivers.

Tom Taylor

jssat

Just trying to learn something. What is FTA and how is it used? Does it work with small dishes or do you need a C-band dish? Is it free?

James
< !--graemlin::eek7:-->

Tom Taylor

Dish Network Retailer
For an expanation of MPEG2fta check my web site. FTA means Free To Air. Presently I have found and preprogrammed my receivers for over 1400 channels that do not require a smart card or fee. The question above concerned the addition of a smart card to receive subscription programming. First, I did not emphasize above that ALL smart cards MUST be auithorized by the program provider. Presently there are some foreign language programmers that will authorize their signal for a fee. Free programming includes a lot of foreign language programming, plus news and all that good stuff that we used to watch back in the Golden Days of C-Band satellite. Hobbyists, those interested in internatioinal programming, and even television stations buy my receivers.

Tom Taylor

rishy5

Where would i be able to find a list of free channels. Are their any indian channels that are free. Most of the time i have seen free international channels is for the Arabic. Are their also variety channels.

Never argue with a stupid person, because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Top Bottom