look angle for Voom

IDoDishez

Dish Network Retailer
Anyone know what the look angle is for voom? Or more precisely I guess, what satellite, etc? Going to have one installed, and I need to see if it will fit in my dish farm.

msorensen

Dish Network Retailer
Their satellite is at 61.5 degrees west longitude.

Same location as Echostar's satellite, eg: SkyAngel, International channels, some local channels.

For me.... that means an elevation of 14 degrees. Yuck.

IDoDishez

Dish Network Retailer
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MSorensen:

Same location as Echostar's satellite, eg: SkyAngel, International channels, some local channels.

For me.... that means an elevation of 14 degrees. Yuck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont suppose theres any way to use the esxisting 61.5 dish i have for Voom as well? (Without disabling my D/Net 61.5 feed)

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IDoDishez:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MSorensen:

I dont suppose theres any way to use the esxisting 61.5 dish i have for Voom as well? (Without disabling my D/Net 61.5 feed) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, you can do it as long as you don't have a Dishpro Setup.

IDoDishez

Dish Network Retailer
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Metro 25:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IDoDishez:

I dont suppose theres any way to use the esxisting 61.5 dish i have for Voom as well? (Without disabling my D/Net 61.5 feed) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, you can do it as long as you don't have a Dishpro Setup. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, legacy twin/dish 500 with dish 300/SW-21 feeding my 811.

PATECO

Dish Network Retailer
Use the second side of the dual on your dish 300 for Voom. Or if you are using 61.5° for both your Dish Receivers, Use a 3x4 multiswitch on the 61.5° LNB for 2 more outlets.

Bruno

Dish Network Retailer
Does Voom use a small dish? It thought it was a big one about the size of the super dish.