Instructions for changing the APN to accessrgn.net

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
The way I figure it, GotW3 will screw up the directions they are going to send out to customers so I typed up some this morning. If you guys see ANYTHING wrong, let me know. I tried to type them out so that an average non-techy customer can follow them easily

* On your device's browser, type in 192.168.100.1 and enter
* Type admin for the login password
* On the center left you'll see a purple area that says Connection Status, turn it OFF. Please note that if the 4G light isn't lit up on your unit then the Connection Status is automatically off and you can proceed to the next step.
* In the center you'll see a blue area, click on Network Settings
* On the left you'll see 4 or 5 blue boxes, click on the one that says APN
* The 3rd line down in the center will say Profile, click Add New
* Two lines below Profile, you'll see Profile Name, enter ATTB4
* Right below that is APN, type accessrgn.net (be SURE your spellcheck doesn't change it to accessing.net)
* Click APPLY, then Set As Default
* Click the < towards the upper left
*Turn Connection Status back on. Sometimes a unit will hang up on this, happens all the time. No problem, simply power cycle the unit. That means turn the power off with the red power button on the back of the unit, then back on. You should be good to go.

Until YOUR line is migrated you probably won't have internet. Keep the unit turned off and occasionally turn it back on to see if service has been restored.

Last edited:

VORTEX

Dish Network Retailer
Looks good. I hope they will run THEIR instructions by someone's grandmother before sending it out.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, I edited the above directions. If a customer's sim was not active they wouldn't see where they could turn the connection status off because it is already off.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I have been trying since yesterday morning. No luck. I’m starting to get customers calling saying that they got no internet, so I’m wondering if that means they are migrating without sending out emails.
You can be ASSURED they will totally screw this up and once again cause our business phones to ring off the hook which of course means our businesses are shut down for all practical purposes. I told my customers not to expect anything until sometime Monday.....if then.

totallyunwired

Dish Network Retailer
I am sick of this. I will never let myself get in a position like this again. I have about 250 customers down. Most have been very appreciative of my attempts to keep them updated. Got a few, However, that are just plain jerks. One is threatening to file a class action suit. What exactly is he going to sue for? He could cancel at any time and Gotw3 has already publicly committed to a refund to all affected customers. I politely texted him back and told him he had no contract and was free to cancel at any time.

Has anyone else come across Gotw3 customers who seem to think they are under a contract?

Fireman23

No but reassuring these customers that we are the experts at this kind of stuff is gonna be a hard sell. I never would’ve dreamed this nightmare would still be going on for close to a month.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
We've got some customers who are very understanding, some who are middle of the road, and some who are total jerks as well. We extended our return policy to 30 days but we stopped selling about 2 1/2 months ago. We've got some who want a full refund who have had their units over a year. Fat chance.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I'm not taking back any units. If we all get lucky they could be worth something, otherwise just more techno trash. Did I see on here or somewhere else that Verizon is getting on board with Gotw3?

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Mark, I know this email is for Collins dealers only, but we need to know what you know and we thank you for any info you have that can help us

Collins Distribution Mark Calling with Information​

Inbox

Mark Kerwin​

Nov 19, 2020, 4:12 PM (3 days ago)

to Mark, Mike, Scott, Kevin, David, Justin, Damon, Brittany, Lisa, Lonnie, Patty
Retailers

We finally maybe at the end of the nightmare. I have been in contact with GOT W3 owners and support all week. You should have received and email last night but if not here is information. It will be almost a click of a button to get them moved over and running. They are going to run a few tomorrow and if takes the way they want will be able to send to almost all the troubled customers over the weekend. I am trying to get a list to see if can match up with our major challenges to help track process and get to you as retailers. If have questions please feel free to respond to email. We have been hurting right along with our family of Collins retailers and hope we can get back to selling not trouble shooting.

There are great things coming with T-Mobile and Verizon the 1st part of December and with ATT being fixed will be great Christmas!!!!!

Great News from GOT W3...

We have just been informed that our APN will be live on the AT&T network for testing on Friday, November 20.

We will begin migrating the customers who have been experiencing throttling of their line on Saturday, November 21, and will hopefully complete those conversions by Monday. This will depend on the customers successfully completing the update to our new APN accessrgn.net.

We will be sending out an email to customers with the minimal steps involved and we will send you a copy of this email as well.

Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Even if they DO get this turd fixed, I'm still not planning on having all my internet eggs in the GotW3 basket. They have simply proven themselves as being too unreliable. The way I figure it, they owe me about $20,000 in time spent for being THEIR tech support. There is NO telling how many Dish sales I've missed because customers couldn't get through on the phone. We actually had 2 drive to the store Thursday and 1 Friday because they couldn't get through on the phone but wanted to go through ME to get Dish. Not too many folks are going to be that loyal.

BTW, Dow Electronics hasn't sent us SQUAT the past few days as far as updates go. We have gotten NOTHING from Dow OR GotW3. You're lucky to have a good distributor like Collins. Please let them know that the #2 dealer in the US appreciates their updates that we get here on the board. I guess I should say FORMER #2 dealer.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
In hindsight, who'd have thought it'd turn out to be a good thing GotW3 wouldn't allow us to buy from any distributor we wanted to, then tried to force us to deal with the a-holes of All Systems, which we not so politely declined, otherwise we'd have magnitudes more PO'd customers. As for my customer I lent my demo unit, because her's is down, last week I mentioned to her I saw her place of work was closing due to a co-worker having Covid. She "seemingly" joked it was her. Talking to her yesterday, she again mentioned having Covid. Oops, guess she wasn't joking. No symptoms other than sniffles and no smell.

VORTEX

Dish Network Retailer
What about the management at Dow? They seem rather tight lipped about this whole thing. I am hoping they are a bit more forthcoming soon.

BTW, is it "safe" to sell TMO now that the update has been pushed off? If so, what is the lead time?

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
For over a year GotW3 has offered two routers, the C4R400 and the ReadyNet LTE520. All of the APN update info is for the C4R400 and nada one email about how to do the APN update for the ReadyNets. I did the APN update yesterday for my C4R400 Demo unit but still nothing today. This in from Gotw3 last night around 6:30
November 23, 2020
TO: gotW3 Customer
RE: APN Update
First off, I would like to say THANK YOU for your patience over the past 3 weeks or so.

We received credentials from AT&T last Friday. We have been working on Setup, Configuration and Testing of our own APN all weekend. Testing is going well. The APN should eliminate the “throttling” you may be experiencing. The fix is in place, and we will send out additional emails/instructions soon.

Thank you again for your continued support of gotW3.

The gotW3 Team
"3 weeks or so" bullshit. I'll go with "so"

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I think they are attempting to come up with a method of fooling AT&T's towers into not recognizing their units as being imei clones....which is exactly what they are.