I'm ceasing all new GotW3 activations for a month

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I consider myself pretty patient and thick-skinned but I've officially had enough. Customer we activated a couple weeks ago are now off-line on Rural, and new Urban customers' units are now going down like previous customers. I get told an "answer" only to find out a few days later it was not factual. I've had enough.

eddie_willers

Dish Network Retailer
I consider myself pretty patient and thick-skinned but I've officially had enough. Customer we activated a couple weeks ago are now off-line on Rural, and new Urban customers' units are now going down like previous customers. I get told an "answer" only to find out a few days later it was not factual. I've had enough.
I know nothing about the product and how it works, only that you were so happy to find a product that fulfilled customer's needs and that you could make a decent profit from. It's a shame. I can only think the Covid prompted excess demand and unexpected growth that they have been unable to handle.

Hope they get it together in time.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
They are not handling the T Mobile problem, not one account can stream any video. The T Mobile National advt saying free service for students learning from home. THey claim with the sprint merger they have unlimited capacity = Free Service Now for all . I want my customers to be credited. They were to send me AT&T Sims. Nothing has showed up accept the bills for modems from my distributors that are now useless. Just like DIRECTV this has turned to Shit,

Barricklow

Dish Network Retailer
We just started with this a few weeks ago. Just as it hit the fan. I spent $300 on a Facebook ad. Final straw was a customer who returned the urban unit do to slow speed. Crazy part was she had T-Mobile for her phone. She then contacted them , got a hotspot, which added only about $30 to her service and the speed is awesome. She then came back and got DISH from us with the money "we" saved her!

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Andy, do you know if I activate an Urban plan today, are they actually getting turned on today?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
From what I heard today, Urbans are taking 24 hrs.

There are just TOO many kinks that have to get ironed out before I want to resume sales. We are relaying this to inquiring customers and so far, most are thankful that we are looking out for their best interest and not just trying to "force a sale" in a fluid environment.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Customers shipping modems back without even calling us, I am waiting on the credit card charge back to follow. This gut wanted it next day and we paid for a Saturday delivery because the original unit wouldn't work. Now I am screwed out of the monies and have four useless modems that we will shove you no where.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
We stopped shipping modems to customers a couple months back. Even under good times it was a train wreck.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I've only shipped one since I started. Worked great but guy spent 90% time gaming. Got suspended on Rural. Sent him an Urban and he went down with the previous calamity so he quit. I deliver and setup almost all and charge $150 whether I put up antenna or not. Sell routers for $219 and Antennas for $129. The rest come to my store where I demonstrate how to connect wireless and how to login to router to check signal, etc. So far I've had few problems again until all of the B.S. (growing pains/merger/covid). Hope this improves and stabilizes because a lot hinges on it. I've got 4 waiting for install and a dozen leads that I haven't responded to until I know that what I'm telling them is what's going to happen.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
If the customer even MENTIONS gaming we refuse the sale. Gamers are NOTHING but trouble because they are idle and their minds are mush. They get pissed when I tell them no but it IS my business and I make the decisions. I tell them they are welcome to order directly from GotW3 but they had better not EVEN think of calling me when they start having issues.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Latest Response. Distributor claims Gotw3 told everything will be fixed by Monday. They were supposed to email me, Nothing received. If this is not resolved by Monday I will send all modems back and ask for a refund. My customers also should be refunded.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think anything is going to be "fixed" by a certain day......it will slowly get back to normal. There will be issues going forward, THAT I can promise you.

Barricklow

Dish Network Retailer
I jumped in with both feet after waiting months to see how things were going with the company, Have 15 systems, 3 demo units and did $300 Facebook boost post. Sold 3 or 4 units and then BOOM! We were just getting ready to order antennas and the fancy tuning meter. None of the emails I have sent regarding any of the issues has received a reply. Still on hold but next week I will need some answers or I will be shutting down the demos and just wait a while I guess.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Please keep us informed as what your experiences are, I too was told everything would be up my Monday, as of Saturday none of the units worked and like you no emails returned. If it is not up I will return all my inventory and forget about this. It will be finished for sure.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I activated an Urban on Friday around noon.....customer begged me because he wants the current pricing. Checked last night, still not active.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Well SOB, here at Day 17, no return calls, nor email, except from my DSI rep who's very nice, but I'm giving her info from here, because they're clueless at DSI. Anyhow, just barely I decided to factory reset the units I've been patiently waiting 17 days to come on and BOOM, they're on, including the demo unit.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
They are not handling the T Mobile problem, not one account can stream any video. The T Mobile National advt saying free service for students learning from home. THey claim with the sprint merger they have unlimited capacity = Free Service Now for all . I want my customers to be credited. They were to send me AT&T Sims. Nothing has showed up accept the bills for modems from my distributors that are now useless. Just like DIRECTV this has turned to Shit,

I do 95% Comcast now.

So sick and tired of the student discount plans for $9.95 per month.

The screwed up thing is that the customers who need this, can’t get it or don’t know about the program.

Meanwhile, Arabic girl driving a white BMW comes to my office to pay her bill for $9.95.

Then You got the ones who want to stream 3 televisions, game and have cameras try to make the student program work.