Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I think I've figured out what is going on with T-Mobile

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Came in from working outside to cool off a bit and me and the Wife got to talking about the GotW3 situation. As we talked I was watching the data transfer rates on my two GotW3 Urban units. I could tell that it is throttled at 256k. My Urban unit that WAS working quit Friday and was as slow as my other unit. Well, today it hit me. T-Mobile is throttling accts after a certain amount of data is used....that's why some customers were affected instantly and others are only NOW being affected.

Now why would T-Mobile do this you ask. I've been hearing news stories about how schools are going to send hotspots to low income households. In our area they have already sent out FREE laptops and tons of school supplies. EACH kid is getting a nice laptop. I bet you a gold turd that T-Mobile has struck a deal with the government and is going to sell the data directly to THEM. Cut out the middle man and jack up the rates.....there is NO telling how much they are getting paid per hotspot per month. There is simply NO other plausible reason for T-Mobile to kill the golden goose they had with companies like GotW3.

One of the things that caused me to come to the above conclusion is what happened with Viasat-2. Remember? As SOON as that sucker got airborne the US government bought 53% of the available bandwidth.....I get this figure from an interview with the CEO that was in Space News when VS2 launched.

You can look for Hughes and Viasat to reach similar cash-cow deals with the government to supply bandwidth to students who live outside the range of cell towers.

What about those in the middle class who are having to work from home? As usual, they get screwed by people using THEIR money.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Any way you may be right, but we have a problem. The Tmobile sims are now useless and our customers will all start yelling. I need to be sure Gotw3 refunds us or its going to get ugly . I sold accounts to State agencies they will send it to the AG;s office for investigation. It will be all down hill after that.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
You can always changer their acct to a Rural acct and give them a free AT&T sim...that's the way we are handling it.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
SIM cards cost $3 and work in the modem/routers you sold them already.

Top Bottom