Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I believe AT&T is beginning to cut off their old dsl customers

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I had THREE cases this past week where long-time AT&T dsl customers got GotW3 from me because their dsl went out and AT&T kept giving them the run-around with sending out a tech....kept bumping back the date for the tech to show up. I remember a couple years ago one of their retired employees told me that in 2020 they were going to cut off the old dsl customers. Now you might think "Andy, surely they wouldn't cut off someone without telling them!" Oh yes they would. It happened to ME a few years ago when I moved store locations. They moved my phone service but my DSL wouldn't connect....called them and they said a tech would be out in the next few days and take care of it. This went on for a couple weeks and then I got the next bill. It showed my phone ONLY and had a partial credit for the dsl they had shut off.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
I had THREE cases this past week where long-time AT&T dsl customers got GotW3 from me because their dsl went out and AT&T kept giving them the run-around with sending out a tech....kept bumping back the date for the tech to show up. I remember a couple years ago one of their retired employees told me that in 2020 they were going to cut off the old dsl customers. Now you might think "Andy, surely they wouldn't cut off someone without telling them!" Oh yes they would. It happened to ME a few years ago when I moved store locations. They moved my phone service but my DSL wouldn't connect....called them and they said a tech would be out in the next few days and take care of it. This went on for a couple weeks and then I got the next bill. It showed my phone ONLY and had a partial credit for the dsl they had shut off.
That’s typical AT&T. They won’t shut you off, but when it stops working they will take forever to fix it, and hope you just get pissed off and cancel.

They did the same crap with my copper PRI/T1 at my office. It was taking them 3-5 days to fix where they should have fixed it in a few hours.

I had to move to a Fiber based PRI, which is actually better, but I would have preferred the copper PRI if it worked.

GARY DIAMOND

Dish Network Retailer
The cable goes out to easy here and my DSL has a swinger on it damn mice they got the state to let them stop clearing trees from lower stuff so the mice crap up my DSL, and my wires are from 1972

DishDude1

Dish Network Retailer
Internet connectivity in this country is pathetic, I'm in the fifth largest city in the country and my choices are Cox, Centurylink DSL or wireless. Sad that Phoenix doesn't have a fiber option. My work Verizon iPhone doesn't even work right, I have to have an extender!

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Internet connectivity in this country is pathetic, I'm in the fifth largest city in the country and my choices are Cox, Centurylink DSL or wireless. Sad that Phoenix doesn't have a fiber option. My work Verizon iPhone doesn't even work right, I have to have an extender!
I got 3 extenders. I was fine until they forced me off 3g

GARY DIAMOND

Dish Network Retailer
I got 3 extenders. I was fine until they forced me off 3g
Same here, my 3G was great, went to 4G had bladder surgery to remove 4 tumors, at 9 AM you name it, it happened to the guy before me that my doctor was working, and my damn 4G would not let me even make a voice call, which screwed up my ride, had everyone wondering if I died even, I could not get it to tie to there y-fi my new one will now fall back to 3G if 4G dies

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Same here, my 3G was great, went to 4G had bladder surgery to remove 4 tumors, at 9 AM you name it, it happened to the guy before me that my doctor was working, and my damn 4G would not let me even make a voice call, which screwed up my ride, had everyone wondering if I died even, I could not get it to tie to there y-fi my new one will now fall back to 3G if 4G dies
I made the unfortunate mistake of dropping my 3G flip phone.

bastards would not let me activate another identical phone until I upgraded to a 4G phone.

The Lg Exhault phone I got is great, but only does 4g. It does not go to 3g period

GARY DIAMOND

Dish Network Retailer

bastards would not let me activate another identical phone until I upgraded to a 4G phone.

The Lg Exhault phone I got is great, but only does 4g. It does not go to 3g period
LOL that is what I had then they did give a free one that only did 4g then I was so pissed off they gave me this one if you have hearing issues you can fix a lot with it using speakerphone with this one is the best speakerphone I ever used

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member

They actually did you a favor Claude. They are in the process of killing 3G in many areas. In our area Verizon is turning down the power on 3G. By the end of the year they are supposed to do both voice and data via LTE.....right now, your voice calls go out via 3G....which is why when you hang up you see 1X for a brief moment and then LTE.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
They actually did you a favor Claude. They are in the process of killing 3G in many areas. In our area Verizon is turning down the power on 3G. By the end of the year they are supposed to do both voice and data via LTE.....right now, your voice calls go out via 3G....which is why when you hang up you see 1X for a brief moment and then LTE.
I like my exhault.

actually carry an iPhone for texting and data and a flip for talking.

Top Bottom