Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heads up on some new mailers Dish is sending out

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Spoke to my rep today and he said that the new mailers they were sending out had the amount of the Gift Card tied to the programming they chose.....T120 would get $200, T250 $300-$400. Personally I think that makes WAY more sense than giving $400 to a customer who signs up for the T120.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Here's an "interesting" gift card situation. I have a friend who's been waiting for nearly a year to hopefully get a GC offer, to switch from DTV. Until recently when she signed for a car for her daughter and also bought herself a new car, her credit score was about 820, now it's 772. She's been in the middle of a divorce the entire time. No card offer. There is an existing account qualified in the ex-to be name & ss#. Her name was on the account as an additional, as was her cell# & email. She moved out close to 2 years ago and has her own place and new PO Box. I've checked Axiom and have her login info for the ex account, she shows no where as being attached. After months of wondering why no GC offer, I had her call the 800# pretending she wanted to sign up, but only if they gave her the GC. The hope was getting her new info in the system may get the offer sent to her. She has no intention of signing up through anyone but me.

A few weeks later, still no offer, so I try to build her an account to see if anything comes up. "Existing account". Call retailer services, tied to ex. We know the dance. We're not going to depend on the ex for two years, for me to keep my money. Fast forward a few weeks to last night and she messengers me a picture of the GC she just got in the mail. The service address is listed as her PO Box and her name is her maiden name. I reply I see the divorce finally went through? No. Did you give them your maiden name when you talked to them months ago? No. I punch the code into Axiom, it populates the way it is on the card. What up with that?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
You are good to go, no issues. You CAN change the address when building an acct with a GC offer. I had a customer who got one and was in the process of moving, called RS, it was no issue changing the physical address to their new one.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Already did. Very good friend, so I figured I'd take the possible bullet for her anyhow. She's going to be my Guinea pig for GotW3 too. The thing that struck me though was the listing of her maiden name. She isn't divorced yet and hasn't put the old name out there yet. When she showed me the mailer, I congratulated her on finally getting the process over. She said he still wasn't willing to accept the offer her lawyer had made.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Sad when a companies business sucks so bad they have to pay customers to take it.

No Thank You

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
As long as they pay ME as well....I'll take it.
But to what point? What are you going to do when the gift cards go away and you got customers who seen the offer and now will not sign up without getting one?

We used to run 1500 sales per month through my Dish dealership. Used to piss the hell out of me when we would specifically sell customers without using a gift card and then they would call in after the sale crying they didn't get their dam gift card.

Depending if the customer was installed or not we would have to send one out and eat the cost.

If they where installed, I would review the call to make sure we didn't promise one. If they where not installed, we would have to match the offer to prevent them from cancelling the order over it.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
These gift card offers don't cost the retailer a single penny, we get paid full funds. Now the referrals still cost us $100. Don't see too many of those anymore however.

Top Bottom