GotW3 truth

Fireman23

Does anyone really truly know the real story here? Why are we still not able to get AT&T accounts back to how they were. Has anyone got any of these throttled customers to come back for good? I’ve had some come back for 24 hours or so only to go right back to slow. Some have never come back no matter how many times I request a reprofile.

Distributor seems to know less than retailers. I’ve switched some to T-Mobile, but now these cards have to be swapped. Are we about to go through same thing with T-Mobile accounts.

Did GotW3 get caught doing some unsavory things? Why do these IMEI numbers come back as Samsung Tablets?

What is truly going on can anyone tell me?

What do I do with these customers? How can I win their trust back?

I am sick over this whole situation.

Anybody got any suggestions?

VORTEX

Dish Network Retailer
Control what you can control. And as dealers we are the ones answering the phones taking the heat. So I try and divert all inquiries to a frequently updated FB page. They will respect you for your honesty and openness. Tell them what you do and don't know. Offer them options like increasing their cell plan.

Until ATT rewrites the APN, nothing will change. With the iPhone 12 launch, I can't imagine GW3's APN is at the top of ATT's priorities.

While this situation is not like anything I have seen in decades of business ownership, I am fighting to not let the situation disrupt other parts of my business or personal life. Not always successfully, but since me feeling terrible will not help one customer get back online, I hate to give in to that feeling.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
I would speculate only the heavy data users are the ones having the issues.

the platform was never intended to grow this big, and thus the data caps and people being throttled

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned to my Dow rep that these imei numbers traced back to Samsung tablets and the other end of the phone got real quiet real fast. I do know that GotW3 is now a master agent for AT&T which means they are selling direct ONCE this transition gets done with AT&T and the APN. T-Mobile wants to get rid of any and all resellers and wants to sell direct to the consumer....GotW3's lawyers were able to get them to back down at least as far as GotW3's customers go. However, I now have to reboot my T-Mobile (Urban) unit at least twice a day so obviously T-Mobile is attempting to be punkish about it.

I will continue to sell GotW3 but am also expanding my offerings to customers. Once I am VERY comfortable with this new product I WILL announce something here. I personally feel really bad because I was the primary cheerleader for GotW3 from the very get-go and am responsible for many of you carrying it in the first place. That is why I want to thoroughly vet this new company.

Fireman23

I would be interested in the new venture. Can you keep us posted? Or a PM if that’s better for you.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
I’m fine with my current business plan.

Never thought Charlie would screw me and I would be in bed with the cable companies

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I personally feel really bad because I was the primary cheerleader for GotW3 from the very get-go and am responsible for many of you carrying it in the first place. That is why I want to thoroughly vet this new company.
Don't worry about it. Like satellite internet it was a learning experience. I as a dealer am like the rural customers I'm trying to serve. I want to help them get internet as bad as they want it. Geosynchronous satellite is no longer a responsible option, dsl will not expand or improve their lines, and cable isn't running cable to farmers. I think the best possible product would be StarLink, if Elon could use us. Heard his current equipment cost is $500, which is what I'm charging now, and $99 per month which is better than AT&T and T-Mobile. I haven't heard if there are data limits. Anyway, whatever you're vetting, I trust that if it passes muster with you, I'm in.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like most of the Rural units that had begun working have died again.

I had a customer ask me yesterday about an issue they were having with GotW3 and I said basically "no comment". They seemed a bit puzzled so I clarified that so far, just about EVERYTHING I've been told by these folks and THEN repeated to my customers has proven to be incorrect, which left me looking like a liar. I told them I had another product on the way and they are picking it up Friday.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
just about EVERYTHING I've been told by these folks and THEN repeated to my customers has proven to be incorrect, which left me looking like a liar
Yeah that's the real crux of it. We've been in the grocery business, restaurant business, satellite business and internet business primarily and everything we've ever sold came with a vow of truth and integrity. Gotw3 has put me in a very awkward position, and I'm not quite sure how to feel about that besides mostly being pissed. My customers calling are just grateful I'm answering the phone and trying to give them an update. They know it's not my fault but still they check back a couple times a week on email or phone.

As far as GotW3 goes, I saw some of the writing on the wall but contributed it to growth pains. Their website is horrific and a call center that looks people up by name with little verification is completely prone to problems. As far as the pandemic goes, all of the parties involved were caught off guard. Covid-19 created demand gone wild. People that lived in rural areas with crappy dsl, and satellite, dealt with it because they went to work each day and their kids were in school. Few of them would have paid me $500 to install internet at 10-20 mbps even if it was Unlimited before they were forced to go home. When the first lockdown took place nobody was prepared for it because the major carriers had not given a shit about rural customers and have been gearing up for their 5G to the city and suburbia. Of course now when I could sell 3-4 of these a day at $500, the cell carriers are in complete disarray.
I told them I had another product on the way and they are picking it up Friday.
Looking forward to hearing about this!

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Until something better comes along....

to be honest, I would not want to sell a product and put in the middle with angry customers calling.

it’s bad enough I had to put up with dish customers every few weeks when they dropped a channel.