Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gotw3 T-Mobile issues

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Has anybody been having any customer complaints about T-Mobile connections. I've had a rash of calls from people whose connection was either very slow or not connecting at all. Yesterday I was at a house that was downloading over 10 Mbps speedtest.net but would not run Netflix, Disney, or Amazon Prime at all. I switched her to AT&T. Today I've got a guy whose signal is -89, quality is -7 and Speakeasy.net is downloading and uploading 0.1 Mbps. This shit is driving me crazy.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Huge problems with LTE in general. Outages and slow speeds are reported all over the country.

In some cases you can switch the modem to 4G rather than LTE and see performance normalize.

Have also seen positive results in SOME cases by having the customer turn off the modem for about an hour. Works for some, not for others.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
According to the comments I read on an outage board, it's pretty much across the board.

I'm using my Rural test unit here at the house and it does good as long as I lock it on band 17.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Four more messages left about no service on T-Mobile. WTF. When I check all of their sim status, they all say "Active". It's going to be a bad day. I've got one scheduled in the morning and I'm going to cancel it.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
Have been testing two different units on streaming services all last week and was experiencing continuous loss of signal buffering. Now a big price increase sure will cause us a loss of any future business, looks like this will not be a future item to be promoting. I thought it would be a answer to some of our problems but if we continue to sell it we will have bigger problems with upset customers. IT needs to be fixed or forget about it.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, not going to be a good day at all. One solution you might have customers try is to force their unit to use 4G rather than LTE. I've mentioned this before but will restate here so you'll be able to find the directions easily.
Go into the unit, turn off Connect Status, click on Network Settings, then Network Selection, click on drop down and choose 3G/4G, click Apply, <, then turn back on Connect Status. Reboot unit.
Personally, I'm finding that this will work for a period of time and then you have to switch back to LTE, after a while, back to 4G. It's sucks but it is what it is.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Weird thing is speedtests are running between 10 and 30 Mbps down, but customers can't watch a Youtube?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Weird thing is speedtests are running between 10 and 30 Mbps down, but customers can't watch a Youtube?
The problem SEEMS to be upload. I can do good speed test but the upload is so bad, in some cases it gives an error message. If you can't request, sites can't respond.

ESGSAT

Dish Network Retailer
May not be the Got 3. Could be the cellular backbone feeding the Cell site. Not all rural towers have a hardwired or fiber feed. Some are multiple microwave hops tower to tower to finally service an area.
Like everything else the backbone networks are grossly overloaded.
Pain in mine and everyone else's butt.
BTW ... most school districts opened up today with many tele-learning. It is only going to get worst before it gets better.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Friday the 4th I switched one of the T-Mobile customers to AT&T because with good signal strength, quality, and speed she couldn't watch Netflix. Today, the 9th still no activation. This is embarrassing as a retailer. One of my former Viasat customers lives in a woods. I tried for 2 hours to get her a decent signal on Gotw3 but to no avail. About a month later she claimed that she got a device that connects her to Verizon towers and it works great and she said it's unlimited (I doubt). I think I'm going to follow up on that and see what it's all about.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
There IS an unlimited Verizon solution out there but it is very expensive. I've got a buddy of mine who has got it. He pays $239/mon.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
This has turned to crap for sure, the units I have been testing stopped allowing me stream any iptv. Had to switch back to cable wifi. Its good for nothing now unreliable for sure. Cost increase of Thirty dollars a month. They have killed it

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Day 6. Still no activation on the Rural Internet from last Friday. Went to a T-Mobile customers house yesterday and took it off LTE and onto 3G/4G but it still couldn't open gmail. With a -89 signal and -11 quality speedtest was 7.38 down and 0.09 up. Second test 4.45 down, 0.07 up.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Have them do a line refresh and see if that helps, certainly won't hurt.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Have them do a line refresh and see if that helps, certainly won't hurt.
For all 15 customers that are actively complaining on the T-Mobile? or the AT&T. I called Gotw3 yesterday and pushed 4 for dealer support and someone actually answered the phone after 2 rings. I had the guy verify the AT&T sim was correct and he said it was. Finally, it's on.

Last edited:

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
My units will not stream any itv services, I going to request a total refund for the 2 customers I just set up on T Mobile.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Since there is now an obvious mass switching of customers from T-Mobile to AT&T, activation's are now running longer than (7) days. I have my first one on day 8.

Top Bottom