Fairly new procedure: How to cancel a direct Dish sale if the customer now wants you to do the install.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
In the past, if a customer had already called Dish and set up an install and THEN decides to go through you instead, the customer had to call Dish and cancel the order. NOW, you call Retail Services. They speak to the customer to verify the cancellation, then you can proceed to build the acct. On Friday I had the customer on the store phone and RS on my cell. I was able to put both phones on speakerphone and hold my cell near the store phone and they were able to hear each other with no problem.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Can’t do a 3 way call?

We would just call customer service and do a 3 way call. Sometimes it would go smooth, other times the CSR would force us to drop off so they could try to win back the customer.

Back in the day before Dish went anal with addresses, we would throw an apartment A next to the address, and make sure ours got installed first.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Here is one you can laugh at. I had a customer call us and for whatever reason did not want to sign up for us after he realized we where a retailer.

So he called back on another line, I picked up the line and he asked if we where a retailer. We went back and fourth and he finally lied to me and said he wanted to pay his bill and asked if we could transfer him to customer service.

So I did a 3 way call and stayed on the line instead of dropping off like we usually do.

This guy goes and starts to order new service from Dish.....

So do I drop the call, jump in and tell the guy off or mess with the order?

I let the guy order through Dish. As he was giving the Dish agent the sale, I was entering the sale into the retailer portal.

As soon as the guy finished giving his credit card number, BOOM! I had the account built and scheduled, while the Dish sales person was confirming the credit card and billing details.

The girl finally submits the order and gets an error message that the customer already had an order.

Took the customer, sales rep and a supervisor about 10 minutes to figure it out. Since my order was correct and was exactly what the customer wanted, they didn’t cancel it and try to build it again.

Got paid on that one too! It was a $300 sale

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
Here is one you can laugh at. I had a customer call us and for whatever reason did not want to sign up for us after he realized we where a retailer.

So he called back on another line, I picked up the line and he asked if we where a retailer. We went back and fourth and he finally lied to me and said he wanted to pay his bill and asked if we could transfer him to customer service.

So I did a 3 way call and stayed on the line instead of dropping off like we usually do.

This guy goes and starts to order new service from Dish.....

So do I drop the call, jump in and tell the guy off or mess with the order?

I let the guy order through Dish. As he was giving the Dish agent the sale, I was entering the sale into the retailer portal.

As soon as the guy finished giving his credit card number, BOOM! I had the account built and scheduled, while the Dish sales person was confirming the credit card and billing details.

The girl finally submits the order and gets an error message that the customer already had an order.

Took the customer, sales rep and a supervisor about 10 minutes to figure it out. Since my order was correct and was exactly what the customer wanted, they didn’t cancel it and try to build it again.

Got paid on that one too! It was a $300 sale
you seem to have a unique talent for some things...little wonder they hate you

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
you seem to have a unique talent for some things...little wonder they hate you
You know dam well they hate me.

They have hated me ever since I started this board, and have been trying to get rid of this place ever since.

They got rid of me in 2012, and they are succeeding in getting rid of this board by driving away all their retailers and customers.

I got a picture frame in my office that says 10 million customers from 2010 with a drawing of a dish satellite.

I have a post it note on it that says 9 million.

Even though there are 2 million asking customers, those customers don’t count, as satellite customers are only the true customers who matter

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
well...you've considered opening up to non-affiliates of DBS providers....have you not? after all, me and others who once were now aren't (and are still here and able to read the dealer-only forums), and industries evolve and move on...