Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ext antennas and cell amps - how to improve GotW3 performance

CyberDish

What channel were you on? In my area, a majority of the towers have channel 17 and 2. 2 is almost always faster than 17. 17 is almost always stronger than 2. You may want to play with the channels and see how it is in your area.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
When I left I'd forced it to 5. Originally it was on 2. The cell mapper app detected 3 signals on channel 2 and one on 5. Channel 2 was worse than 5. I thought of trying an outside antenna, but didn't have one with me. The modem is also on LTE Only. Might it be better on 3g/4g?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
AT&T saves the faster speeds for their direct customers, not 3rd party resellers. I saw the same differences when using my T-Mobile phone vs an Urban (T-Mobile) unit.

This can vary however, I've got some Rural customers who are around 70 dn.

The PRIMARY issue with the slower speeds is only apparent when customers start loading up a bunch of devices....Ring doorbells, security cams, etc.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
AT&T saves the faster speeds for their direct customers, not 3rd party resellers
Being as I've mentioned more than once the last year how I've been using the iPad to get an idea what speeds are available around the area and specifically asking if it was an equal comparison to the modem, but not once did anyone say the speeds would be slower with the GotW3 modem. Coupled with the 30% price hike, I wished I'd never order any modems.☹

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
No intention to deceive. I don't recall you asking me if the speeds were comparable. Either way it doesn't really matter. People who are potential customers for GotW3 will be coming to you because there IS no other option in their area other than sat internet. It is what it is.

chief engineer

Dish Network Retailer
How much difference will a outside antenna make, will it increase the downloads for streaming ?? Which one to use, and what to use for marine applications ??

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Which one to use, and what to use for marine applications ??
I haven't noticed any difference with antennas when I install for someone in the Navy, Air Force, Army, or Marines LOL sorry, you toss a slow ball right over the plate and I WILL strike at it :D

I have seen outside antennas make a HUGE difference and I've seen them make little to no difference. In over 90% of the cases it helps. The best antenna is the Wilson 75 ohm one....the same one used for cell phone amps. These are made to where you can pivot them up, I've found that pointing them up about 5-10 degrees gives you a slightly better signal.

Top Bottom