Email from Dow regarding GotW3 solutions

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Figured this might be worth posting, just got this from Dow. It has some tips for getting Rural units back up and running.

I have gotten some updates with fixes for different possible situations that customers are experiencing. Please read the below to determine which of these 3 buckets your customers fall under.

• Customer received a new SIM card for migration. They followed all the instructions and are still not connecting to the internet-
    • Factory reset router by pushing a paper clip in the small hole next to red button on the back of the router and holding for 20-30 seconds. This will get 90% of routers back to broadband. If this does not fix the issue, then manually input broadband as in the attachment.
  • Customer received a new SIM card, followed all the steps, everything seemed to be working and then speeds dropped off to un-workably slow-
  • Customer never got an email regarding the SIM card migration and did not get a new SIM card in the mail, but they lost internet-
    • The dealer can email Justin and Scott with a new SIM card. Justin and Scott will validate the new SIM for them. They will be active in 24-48 hours. The dealer can also request that RevGen sends the customer a new SIM card.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Mike's a good guy. I feel sorry for the position he is in but he's one of the ONLY people I met out in Denver who was worth getting to know.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
  • Customer received a new SIM card for migration. They followed all the instructions and are still not connecting to the internet-
    • Factory reset router by pushing a paper clip in the small hole next to red button on the back of the router and holding for 20-30 seconds. This will get 90% of routers back to broadband. If this does not fix the issue, then manually input broadband as in the attachment.
  • Customer received a new SIM card, followed all the steps, everything seemed to be working and then speeds dropped off to un-workably slow-
  • Customer never got an email regarding the SIM card migration and did not get a new SIM card in the mail, but they lost internet-
    • The dealer can email Justin and Scott with a new SIM card. Justin and Scott will validate the new SIM for them. They will be active in 24-48 hours. The dealer can also request that RevGen sends the customer a new SIM card.
Same info I got from Collins. Been working on this for days. So far no positive results yet. Amazingly I've only had one person cancel throughout this mess.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Is there anyway we as dealers can see the SIM card # on a customer's account or do we have to have the login info for the customer's portal page?

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
Is there anyway we as dealers can see the SIM card # on a customer's account or do we have to have the login info for the customer's portal page?
I go to the Gotw3 retailer portal and login to Reports. Those show everything from start date, account # , to Active Sim Card #

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
I haven't checked recently, but anytime I checked any of the drop downs on the "retailer" portal, it just brought up a change password screen, which I did, numerous times, until I got sick of the vicious loop. You guys think you're flying blind, I can't see any reports or whatever else is available.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
The yayhoos at Gotw3 designed the reatailer portal so you have a different password for Site Login, Reports login, and Profile login. If you can login to the site and see REPORTS, click on and enter your dealer Id, then password is Reports!2020! Profile password is MYprofile!2020! There is no place to setup for one username and one password for their site.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Just looked at the report and it looks like the idiots at GotW3 have cost me about 200 customers so far. That's a loss of $1500/mon in resids.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
TO: gotW3 Dealers
RE: Carrier Outage​
First, we would like to say thank you, on behalf of all of us at gotW3, for your continued support.

As you are aware, we are currently experiencing an outage with our carrier partner. We have identified that 25% of our customers are being throttled by the carrier. This is due to a carrier system update. We were notified that the carrier has a solution, but we do not know how long it will take to implement.

We know which customers are having network issues, and we will be emailing them shortly after sending this email to you. We will explain that they do not need to contact their local gotW3 dealer, gotW3 phone support, or email support. If they have already submitted a support request, however, we will be reaching out to them as soon as possible.

We will continue to send you updates as they become available. We will also be posting the updates we receive on: www.gotW3.com/updates

Thank you for your patience.

The gotW3 Team

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
To: Customers
Dear Craig,

First, we would like to thank you, on behalf of all of us at gotW3, for your continued support.

As you are aware, we are currently experiencing an outage with our carrier partner. We have identified that 25% of our customers are being throttled by the carrier. This is due to a carrier system update. We were notified that the carrier has a solution, but we do not know how long it will take to implement.

We know you are having network issues, and we are working diligently with our carrier to restore your service as soon as possible. We understand the importance of having a stable internet connection.

• You do not need to contact your local gotW3 dealer or contact our phone or email support directly. Again, we know you are one of those customers impacted by the carrier outage.

• In a previous email, we explained that the APN on your router needs to be set to 'broadband'. Please confirm this. Then, periodically power cycle your router and check for service.
We will continue to send you updates as they become available. We will also be posting the updates we receive on: www.gotW3.com/updates
Thank you for your patience. We look forward to resolving this issue for you soon.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
First, they WON'T actually contact these affected customers and second, even if they DO they'll screw it up somehow and the customer will STILL come walking in your store holding their modem like it's a pet the got run over and want you to heal.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
When I got this, I just had to reply: These people don't have Internet. That's the problem we're trying to fix. They can't be contacted by email.