Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DSI on the verge on signing deal with GotW3

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Called DSI to see if they had anything we'd still want to see through them, now they've had both ViaSat & DirecTv taken away. The rep said they're almost ready to sign for something, but she can't tell me what yet. I of course said GotW3? So much for their big secret. :D Mentioned as much as I know from here and asked if they were going to be leaning toward the $1-$2 residuals like All Systems & RS&I or towardDow's $7.50/mo? She said $10/mo. :eek: I asked if anyone could sell through them or was it restricted by location. She said anyone could sell through DSI, as long as they hadn't signed up through another distributor already. We'll see how much, if any of this plays out. FWIW.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
HEY, that's great!!!. Once you start carrying them, let me know if you have any questions.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
A.T.& T. is limited 300 Gb and throttling after 250 Gb, suspending customers, and terminating their sim cards. T-Mobile is doing none of that. I've been waiting for over 24 hours to get an A.T.& T. activated and am told it could be up to 72 hours. T-Mobile activation's are usually less than 2 hours. Long story short, I'm going to push the limits with antennas to try to get as many people as possible on T-Mobile. A.T.& T. could fuck up a one man band.

Last edited:

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
HEY, that's great!!!. Once you start carrying them, let me know if you have any questions.
Living here in the hinterlands, we get AT&T and Verizon, but people are able to use TMobile, I believe over the AT&T network. And for an extra curveball, in some places we pick up Rogers Wireless, which is a Canadian GSM provider, that AT&T subscribers can connect with, then get huge bills. What service will we be able to use from GotW3 & will we be able to use/block Rogers? Tell me what you know.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Called DSI to see if they had anything we'd still want to see through them, now they've had both ViaSat & DirecTv taken away. The rep said they're almost ready to sign for something, but she can't tell me what yet. I of course said GotW3? So much for their big secret. :D Mentioned as much as I know from here and asked if they were going to be leaning toward the $1-$2 residuals like All Systems & RS&I or towardDow's $7.50/mo? She said $10/mo. :eek: I asked if anyone could sell through them or was it restricted by location. She said anyone could sell through DSI, as long as they hadn't signed up through another distributor already. We'll see how much, if any of this plays out. FWIW.
Thats a game changer at $10 per month.

But really, what does DSI have to loose this point? They have been fucked over twice in the past few years by P10

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Living here in the hinterlands, we get AT&T and Verizon, but people are able to use TMobile, I believe over the AT&T network. And for an extra curveball, in some places we pick up Rogers Wireless, which is a Canadian GSM provider, that AT&T subscribers can connect with, then get huge bills. What service will we be able to use from GotW3 & will we be able to use/block Rogers? Tell me what you know.
You shouldn't have to worry about running up a bill because it's prepay....you can't run up a bill. Worst thing that can happen is they shut the sim off.

I STRONGLY suggest setting up two test units, one of each. There is NO way you can truly test how things will work otherwise. I also suggest buying a cell charger battery and usb to usb cord so you can test the unit in a customer's house without having to change from ac plug to plug.....you can walk the unit around their house and see real-time signal changes.

This is the battery I use

And this is the usb to usb cord

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
COOL.... I like the way this new board allows links to work with a preview!!

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
COOL.... I like the way this new board allows links to work with a preview!!
I just get an Amazon logo. Must be pop up blockers.

So would an Urban router work on AT&T? I have no Tmobile within????????????????????????????????????????????????????

As for the referrals you've mentioned before. It's $15, one time, up to 3 per month per account, no hit to residuals, fully financed by GotW3? How are the referrals claimed/entered by a customer?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
The tower designation is determined by the sim card you install. You'll have T-Mobile and AT&T sim cards that you'll order from DSI. These are sim cards that are tied to GotW3....you can't use a non-GotW3 sim card even though it may be an AT&T or T-Mobile sim. You also must use the GotW3 modem/router....any others will be shut off when discovered.

As for referrals....they've done away with the program. You had a few dealers who did some really stupid things in relation to the referral program and, of course, rather than terminate the offending dealers they just did away with the system. Honestly, it hasn't hurt referrals a bit....folks are more than happy to spread the news that a better internet option is available.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
So a Urban(T-Mobile sim) won't connect to an AT&T tower, even though a T-Mobile phone will? If that's the case, I see no reason to even stock an Urban modem, because I don't think there's a T-Mobile tower within 80 miles of here.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
So a Urban(T-Mobile sim) won't connect to an AT&T tower, even though a T-Mobile phone will? If that's the case, I see no reason to even stock an Urban modem, because I don't think there's a T-Mobile tower within 80 miles of here.

A lot of this will make more sense once you begin to sell the product. All you'll stock is modems and sim cards....there is only one modem, not a T-Mobile or AT&T. A T-Mobile sim will NOT work on an AT&T tower...that I can assure you. I carry two active units in my van, one of each. I have some cases where only one will work, some where both will work but one works much better, and on rare occasion, neither works.

I encourage new customers who are happy with the product to not only tell friends and relatives but to take their unit to their house to verify that it works.

One thing you'll learn REAL quick is that towers do NOT have a nice even 360 coverage.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
That being said, which routers are the ones to get, the GotW3 or the ReadyNet? Do you use their Yagis if needed or something else(What?) or do you stick strictly with a cell booster system? Looking for some quick info from the voice of experience be for I place a first order.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
That being said, which routers are the ones to get, the GotW3 or the ReadyNet? Do you use their Yagis if needed or something else(What?) or do you stick strictly with a cell booster system? Looking for some quick info from the voice of experience be for I place a first order.
I started with the Gotw3 routers first but they only have one Ethernet Port. After I ran into a couple customers that needed more than one, I found out about the ReadyNets that have 4 ports like a standard router. After a number of tests I figured the signal strength and quality did not vary much between the two. Every Readynet Router has a different SSID and Password to set up the wifi connection and then the router login to check the signal quality and strength written on the bottom of the router in very small type. The Gotw3 C4r400 routers log in the same way for every router. Once you see the SSID LTEXXXXXX, the Password is 1234567890. Once your're connected and type in the Router Login 192.168.100.1 the password is always "admin". The router interface has a few things that you can change to lock on cells and switch to External Antenna, check strength and quality, very simple and easy to navigate. The Readynet once logged into is built on an Open Source operating system, has many more tabs, and features than I could ever figure out how to use, but for a few knowledgeable people that understand it, it's great. Since 95% of the my installations are connecting everything wireless, the Gotw3 router is a lot easier to work with. As far as antennas I've stuck with the Wilson Pro that has the Coax connection and purchase SMA adapters to connect them to the back of the router. Collins was selling these, but switched to the same antenna with an SMA connection with a 30 ft. SMA cable. Problem there is I might need a little more than 30 ft and if I get to an old HughesNet or Viasat job, I'm going to look at using that existing coax, possibly mounting the new Yagi on the Satellite Mount. So since Collins isn't selling Coax Connecting antennas, I buy them on Amazon cheaper. I've tried to keep in mind that the coax length should stay around 50 feet or less, to keep the db loss to a minimum. Also most customers that I've installed that were within 1-5 miles of the tower, could easily achieve signals better than -100 and qualities better than -12 and needed no antenna at all. This isn't always the case but once you start seeing the connection is 6-10 miles away an antenna is a pretty sure bet.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Even at $5/mon that will still add up. I've got a few customers whose service level has declined massively in the past 2-3 weeks. Ext antenna did NO good. The ONLY thing that worked was them having me install a Wilson cell amp. Yes, it's out of pocket expense of $500-$900 but they have to evaluate whether or not keeping their job is worth it. Did two just yesterday. One guy had no issue.....he realized things were out of whack right now and it was either pony up or start driving over 200 miles to the home office. The other customer fussed and whined the entire time...he needed the $900 unit. Sucks to be him. On the first guy, his service went from spotty to 27mbps down and 6 up. He was thrilled. Other guy: it fixed his problem but all he could do was whine. It is what it is.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I should mention that one of the HUGE downfalls to ext antennas is that you have to set the unit to ext ant. If they EVERY call GotW3 with an issue, one of the FIRST things they'll do is have them reset the unit which wipes out EVERY setting you did. With a cell amp, this isn't an issue.

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
I haven't done my first cell amp yet, obviously fearing the sticker shock, but I know there is going to be somebody that is willing to pay anything to have reliable service. Have you done any Gotw3's connected to a 7-8 nest camera setup?

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
People want to move to the sticks to get away from their shit hole cities, then expect to have all the same conveniences. Yesterday on the webinar, the guy from GotW3 said Verizon should be signed by Sept 1. About the same time they plan to have a dual SIM card router, which would make it a handy all in one demo unit, until you need three SIMs. I haven't heard anyone here mention the showroom discount. Get both ATT & TMobile for $115(?)/mo. It'll be a real winner if I can get Verizon & ATT for $115. It appears the only thing I need to buy from DSI are the routers and SIM cards, because everything else is cheaper just about everywhere? Is this the antenna you both use? 1597957638951.png

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody uses the term "nest cameras" when inquiring about internet is a no-sale. Most people want to record to the cloud, each camera can use 250 gigs per month....it's a problem/turd just waiting for you to step in it.

We also are now turning away sales for Rural/AT&T customers if they have a son who games online. Call of Duty has had two back to back updates...one was around 50 gigs and the other was over 60.

We are learning it is best to sell ONLY to rock solid customers signalwise and NON-gamers.

Top Bottom