Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DPH42 switches, Ho Duos, Channel Stack splitters

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
I've avoided/had no real use for any of these devices, but I just started playing around with them in my workshop, in the hopes of slowly converting the mass of DHPP44 switches and splitters at a senior living facility, in NH, 60 miles away. I did put a DPH in when the latest resident moved in and I couldn't get any of the half dozen Wallys to function, so I installed a HO3. Connected the DPH42 to the pass throughs of a DPP44, so far, so go. That took up one port and 16 of the available 32 tuners.(Correct?)

Yesterday I was out there due to low signal at an apartment I spent 2 days at, 4 years ago. Back then it started with an issue with a 211. She decided she wanted a DVR. I couldn't for the life of me get the 722 to detect both 61/72 and odd/even on the cable in the living room(all wires long ago sealed in the walls). Ended up putting the 722 in the BR and poking the TV2 through the adjoining wall to LR. Still the 722 didn't find 61/72 odd/even at the same time, even with numerous reboots, resets, yadda, yadda, yadda. Different 722 was the same. I ended up connecting her back on the 119/110 dish I'd been slowly transitioning people off. Viola, no problems for 4 years. Yesterday low signal. Switch her wire to the 2nd port on the DPH42. Put a Hopper Duo in where the 722 is, boom, it comes right on. Decided to get adventurous and rewire the HoDuo to the LR. Bam! All is how it should be. Put in a 3/4 mod to feed the BR, no problem. Now no one is on 119/110, so down with that dish. Now I've used 18 of the available 32 tuner capacity of the DPH42(Correct?).

I was going to get really crazy and take another DHPP44s worth of Wallys and switch them to the DPH42 with a Channel Stack splitter or 2, to start moving the decluttering along, but it is 60 miles, so I thought it better to ask my questions.

The LNB is a Dish Pro version.

In a setup like this, where I'm running off a DPH42, is there a need for a power inserter on the CS splittlers? I have one on the DPH42 and I believe if I were to run just a CS split off a DPH lnb for multiple Wallys, I'd need an inserter, but not here, correct?

I have a box of 4-way CS splitters. Do I use another CS splitter to split the signal to 2 4-ways, to make 8 outputs or can I use a more conventional HiFreq splitter?

I was under the impression a HoDuo would run alone off a DP lnb or is it DPP lnb? At the shop I have a dish with 2 coax runs to a DPH42 at my bench. DUO, HO3, Wallys, all find all sats & transponders. I jump the switch with a barrel and even disconnect the 2nd lead into the switch,( just in case) and the Duo only finds one sat. Both sats are present on the single feed when connected to a SB.

DPH42, don't work with 211s & 722, correct? They too would only find one satellite when I tested on the bench.

STVSGJ

Dish Network Retailer
. this might help
1598371634854.png

Comm C (No triggers code) The current software release for the Wally and Hopper family the Commercial software code has been updated. This update will not affect VIP or MPEG2 receivers in any way. For Wally and Hopper receivers the Comm C code will be split into 4 new authorizations. • Disable Inactivity Standby (Comm C): Disable 24hr reboot, Enable User defined 72hr reboot, Enable Reboot to last tuned channel – always • Disable Entertainment Apps (Comm E): Disable Entertainment and News Apps • Disable Sports Apps (Comm S): Disable Sports Apps • Disable Tuner 2 (Comm T): Force single tuner – Wally (disable tuner 2) Note: The new commercial software codes will be listed by name in Salesforce and by letter following Comm, Comm C will show “C” in the system info screen of the receiver after it has been applied. Any combination of the 4 codes can be applied to any account. The break out of the existing Comm C code will allow for more customization in your deployments and the use of the Wally in Headend style deployments. Although the Wally will reboot every 72 hours you can choose a time that limits customer impact. For inquiries on what codes are applied to specific accounts please check the SalesForce opportunity or reach out to CommercialOperations@Dish.com. **Disable Tuner 2 (Comm T) update: The Disable Tuner 2 code allows for the Wally to run as a signal tuner receiver. This is particularly useful when installing with channel stack splitters on a Dish Pro Hybrid (DPH) feed. A DPH feed has 16 tuners, adding the Comm T code allows for twice as many receivers to run on a single port of an LNBF or 42 switch. Without Comm T on your account you can only have 8 Wallys per DPH port. Adding Disable Tuner 2 (Comm T) to an existing install: Accounts installed prior to the U810 software release may be experiencing Outdoor Unit (ODU) and signal loss errors on some receivers. The “Unable to initialize ODU” error message is equivalent to a complete signal loss error message. If more than 8 Wally’s are receiving signal from a DPH port then you will need to take on property action to restore service. The following actions are needed because a receiver with signal loss will not receive a programming change, and therefore will not get the Comm T authorization. 1. Contact Commercialoperation@Dish.com or the Call Center to have the Disable tuner 2 code added to the account.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
I can only see half the diagram. I think the top half has the answer to one of my questions, what kind of splitter do I use to split one output port on the DPH42, to the 2 - 4 way channel stack splitters? Do I need another channel stack splitter or an RF splitter or a HiFreq splitter? I'm running only Wallys & HoDuos, this means I could have up to 16 receivers on 1 DPH42? Lastly, do 211 and/or 722 work "reliably" on a DPH42 & channel Stack spllitters?

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Mystery solved, stack splitter to stack splitter. Thanks. Slowly been whittling down the piles of DPP44 switches. Whenever I go out to install a new customer at the facility, I've been trying to take out a DPP44 or 2. Wouldn't want to get crazy and do it all at once. :D

Top Bottom