DOW screw up 2.0

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned here a while back that Dow was starting to do more and more stupid crap. Well, the other day I ordered a $3,000 order which came via semi....got it yesterday. Today the SAME semi pulls up. ??? There was a duplicate order for the same equipment. So now my credit card has an extra $3k sitting on it JUST in time for my cycle date.

I told my parents a couple years ago that this country was going to grind to a halt because way too few people even TRIED anymore. I didn't realize I was declaring a prophetic message.

ESGSAT

Dish Network Retailer
Report to your card holder / bank a duplicate card charge by Dow and have the 2nd charge washed. It is then Dow's issue to pick up the duplicate order from you all on them or to cut you new terms on keeping the duplicate order if you can justify the extra equipment in stock.

Also consider this duplicate shipment and charge seems to be at the end of the month. Who at Dow might of been short on a sales quota and dumped on you?

Playing this game now with another supplier on this end.

Andy ... remember when just doing business was a whole lot simpler and made sense?

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Andy ... remember when just doing business was a whole lot simpler and made sense?

Yes....yes I do. Who would have thought that I'd ever MISS my Radio Shack days. Biggest problem I ever had with them was akin to getting 100 ohm resistors when I ordered 1K ohm.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
The problem and Dow knows it, is how long will it take you to blow through $3000 worth on inventory?

By the time you setup a return, ship it back and wait for a credit, it’s likely time to order again.

Its like my phone provider double billed me last month. Found out on the 8th when they charged me, told them to issue a refund by the 16th when credit card closed.

Now Monday will be the second, still no credit.

Forget it, might as well just apply it towards next month since it’s coming out on the 8th.

P10 did the same thing to me several months ago.

I just ended up having them credit the shipping rather than sending it back.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
When I got up this morning and checked my emails I saw where Capital One showed that I had a credit from Dow.

Got to give them credit that they DID act very fast on this and must have issued the credit the same day I made them aware of this.

ESGSAT

Dish Network Retailer
Well 2 stars for Dow on that. Perhaps customer service and doing the right thing is not totally dead.

Perhaps it was just a clerical error or duplicate glitch.

Again thumbs up to Dow on a timely fix.