Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DOW is starting to lose it

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I order all my Dish and GotW3s through Dow. Up till recently all has gone fairly well. Lately is seems they are on a mission to PISS me OFF. Poorly packed boxes which lead to broken parts because they are bouncing off of each other during shipping. Order one part # and get another, the list goes on and on. Today I got a threat of $450 chargeback for non-compliance. They claim I only ordered 8 lnbs but did 27 activations. They obviously don't even check a dealer's orders before threatening their bank accts. Been with them for over 20 yrs...you'd think SOMEBODY down there would stop and think "hey, this is one of our oldest and best dealers...perhaps we should dot the i's and cross the t's before we do something like this".

Almost EVERY company I deal with has all but thrown in the towel. Nobody wants to work but everyone wants a paycheck.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
I order all my Dish and GotW3s through Dow. Up till recently all has gone fairly well. Lately is seems they are on a mission to PISS me OFF. Poorly packed boxes which lead to broken parts because they are bouncing off of each other during shipping. Order one part # and get another, the list goes on and on. Today I got a threat of $450 chargeback for non-compliance. They claim I only ordered 8 lnbs but did 27 activations. They obviously don't even check a dealer's orders before threatening their bank accts. Been with them for over 20 yrs...you'd think SOMEBODY down there would stop and think "hey, this is one of our oldest and best dealers...perhaps we should dot the i's and cross the t's before we do something like this".

Almost EVERY company I deal with has all but thrown in the towel. Nobody wants to work but everyone wants a paycheck.
What are they finally counting the number of Dishes and LNB's ordered Vs the number of activation's to stop is from taking them from disconnected customers or buying off ebay?

I am guilty of that, hey but If I go and take a Dish from a deadbeat or disconnected account I should be able to reuse it for a new customer as long as it doesn't look used.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect the issue is the SAME issue they had last time they threatened me....they forgot that the new hybrib slim lnbs have a different part #. Nobody wants to do their job anymore.

STVSGJ

Dish Network Retailer
Buy direct from Dish never heard of them counting equipment vs activations.I use used DPP lnbs all the time from hopper upgrades.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Dow added this a few years ago. They count reflectors and lnbs with a 15% forgiveness rate. I used to order reflectors and backmast assemblies in lots of 5 or 6 boxes of ten. I would do this when I ordered poles and other items that would cause the order to come via semi. Everything would usually fit on one pallet so I figured I was being a good customer and was saving Dow money. No more. From now on I'll order them one box of 10 at a time. I never pay shipping because I order so many GotW3 units. Dow wants to be jerks, I'll let them pay a stupid tax.

Top Bottom