Dish offers up slice of its 5G network for DoD project

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
What good is a 5G network when you only have a "Test" tower completed in Littleton Colorado and no customers to sign up on it?

5G and Dish is nothing more than a pipe dream. I wish Dish would stop the lying, and just admit they don't have any plans to build out a 5G network.

Even if they did have a 5G network, who would want to sign up for. I for one do not want a cell phone from DISH running on some antiquated kangaroo technology.

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
This will end up with the gov't (military) getting another big chunk of spectrum

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting post Jeff. Sooooooo I guess we'll be selling prepaid phone service in the future. Probably will have some type of bundle pkg. Problem is that they are using T-Mobile cell towers. In our area, you are OUT of range more than you are IN range of a T-Mobile tower.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Reminds me of Team Summit 2010 or 2011 where Dish bought blockbuster.

We are on the bus back to the hotel and this dealer calls his wife and says to cancel Netflix as they are getting Blockbuster to replace it. This was when they where still doing the DVD by mail service.

It’s the same thing here, how many of you are going to ditch AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and switch to Boost?

Even if I was a retailer, you honestly couldn’t pay me.

Even with Directv, I never switched to AT&T cell phone service. It should have been given away and dealers just had to bring ir buy their own device

SkyNet

Dish Network Retailer
sounds like they would have to repurchase their own spectrum if it's forced into auction

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
He tried to cheat the system, gambled and ended up loosing.

Charlie knew dam well what he was doing, and now he is going to pay the price.

Glad I’m no longer a dish customer or a retailer because those are who will end up paying for this theft