Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dish is doing some kind of free preview - be sure to inform new customers

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed the past few systems I've installed where the T120 pkg was what I built the acct with that a LOT of other channels are popping up in the guide as well. Hallmark is one in particular. Now that's fine....for those stuck at home, the added channels are a nice perk. BUT......BUT, be SURE to mention to new customers that the channels on the ch guide are the ONLY ones they are subscribed to and any others are a free preview and could go away at any moment.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, what an issue if they get one channel today and then it goes away tomorrow.

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
oh you can bet it's a big deal.....i had a cx in 97 where i had to swap out a bad 4000, and when i checked through the ch's for the cx afterward, no westerns.....hm, well, at least i had done enough diligence after the swap to catch it before i left (or more likely, the cx really liked that ch and had me check it)....

anyway, so i call back to dish about it, and they say the cx has to up-sub to the new top50 pkg to get it....even though it was previously activated as part of top40....they might have had a 2nd rx that was still getting westerns....but this is the living rm set, and they want their ch....i told the csr that they had to have a bad rx swapped out, and they just want what they had before it went bad through none of their fault....so just turn it back on....well, no can do.....that 'hit' (for top40 w/westerns) doesn't exist in the system anymore! westerns is now only activated w/top50.....

ok, so it begins....i sold these cx's on dish as great value along with great svc from me....now i've come to same-day swap out a bad rx, and i'm having to tell the cx that as a result of my visit, they're going to have to pay more to keep getting their same ch's!

Last edited:

john348

Dish Network Retailer
oh you can bet it's a big deal.....i had a cx in 97 where i had to swap out a bad 4000, and when i checked through the ch's for the cx afterward, no westerns.....hm, well, at least i had done enough diligence after the swap to catch it before i left (or more likely, the cx really liked that ch and had me check it)....

anyway, so i call back to dish about it, and they say the cx has to up-sub to the new top50 pkg to get it....even though it was previously activated as part of top40....they might have had a 2nd rx that was still getting westerns....but this is the living rm set, and they want their ch....i told the csr that they had to have a bad rx swapped out, and they just want what they had before it went bad through none of their fault....so just turn it back on....well, no can do.....that 'hit' (for top40 w/westerns) doesn't exist in the system anymore! westerns is now only activated w/top50.....

ok, so it begins....i sold these cx's on dish as great value along with great svc from me....now i've come to same-day swap out a bad rx, and i'm having to tell the cx that as a result of my visit, they're going to have to pay more to keep getting their same ch's!
23 years ago
get over it

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member

Dude, lots of things changed from 23 years ago

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
my point is that this is where i saw it start....it only went downhill from there

john348

Dish Network Retailer
First of all why do you even care, dish canned you what 3+ years ago.
dude let it go !
you cheated the rules,
they said bye bye...

dang i just realized i've been on this site 20 years now
my thought is i owe them nothing and they still owe me $$$$

Last edited:

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
First of all why do you even care, dish canned you what 3+ years ago.
dude let it go !
you cheated the rules,
they said bye bye...

dang i just realized i've been on this site 20 years now
my thought is i owe them nothing and they still owe me $$$$
They owe me money too.

I’ll never see it. Glad when they go out of business in a few years. They can only bleed customer so long till none are left.

Top Bottom