Dish is 3 weeks behind in svc calls

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I've had several customers call us over the past month...all have the same complaint. They need a svc call and Dish is setting them up 3 weeks out. I know I hardly ever see one of their vans around here. We are telling folks we are booked solid.

Andy

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
I rejected one a couple of days ago. I read the notes in Axiom and it seemed like an ongoing intermittent issue which could have shown itself while I was there or not. It was a Ho2, which I haven't stocked in years. Looking at the notes after the monkeys were there, it appears they just replaced everything, HO2, 3 Jo1s, LNB and Hub. I guess they wanted to troubleshoot as much as I did.

totallyunwired

Dish Network Retailer
Got three calls today from Flex customers that Dish had sold. They said Dish gave them my number and i could do the install. I informed them that was not the case. Dish never seems to give out my number to someone wanting to sign up for new service.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Got three calls today from Flex customers that Dish had sold. They said Dish gave them my number and i could do the install. I informed them that was not the case. Dish never seems to give out my number to someone wanting to sign up for new service.

Exactly!

I had a specific phone number we would have listed on Dish networks dealer locator. Every Time I got a call on that line from a customer wanting to get setup with service I would say to myself "OK, What the hell is wrong with this customer, and why are they calling me"

Sure enough, they either didn't pass the credit check, lived above the 4th floor in an apartment, no credit card, or had dish come out by couldn't install due to trees.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
I rejected one a couple of days ago. I read the notes in Axiom and it seemed like an ongoing intermittent issue which could have shown itself while I was there or not. It was a Ho2, which I haven't stocked in years. Looking at the notes after the monkeys were there, it appears they just replaced everything, HO2, 3 Jo1s, LNB and Hub. I guess they wanted to troubleshoot as much as I did.

Yeah, I would do the same thing.

I knew which of my customers where problem customers and which ones where not. Depending on where we where at with DHPP residuals, sometimes I would take the $100 chargeback and let it be Dish Networks problem going forward.

I had one lady and it was always stupid shit when we would send someone out and she would never want to pay us either. She called my office, we ignored her call for a few days, she eventually called Dish and we made it Dish Networks problem to deal with her going forward.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
It seems the 3 week delay is not just related to svc calls. Got two sales Friday from customers who had originally called Dish but were given install dates in mid October.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
It seems the 3 week delay is not just related to svc calls. Got two sales Friday from customers who had originally called Dish but were given install dates in mid October.

Interesting!

Maybe their techs need to stop playing Maytag repair man, installing crappy sound bars and fixing cell phones and getting back to installing satellite dishes.

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
I've had several customers call us over the past month...all have the same complaint. They need a svc call and Dish is setting them up 3 weeks out. I know I hardly ever see one of their vans around here. We are telling folks we are booked solid.

Andy
didn't they do a nationwide service fleet years ago to do away with dealers?