Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Business picking up

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
We normally do a healthy number of Dish sales per month but here lately we've noticed an increase. Almost every call starts off the same way "I've had DTV for year and I've had enough" The caller then goes on to explain what the final straw was. I guess DTV will be reporting another million sub loses next qtr.

Barricklow

Dish Network Retailer
Soon as I heard AT&T was buying DTV we took them off the store sign. Once they did and sent us a new contract we declined and said goodbye. DISH is all we do. Even the USA Today wrote an article about if you have DTV, you need to switch to DISH. It was just about 4 weeks ago now.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Dish lost another 500,000 subs too.

Dish may seem like the logical choice for people today, as long as they know what they are giving up.

Directv/AT&T is not the issue.

Most of these people have been on promotional pricing forever, they don’t know what regular rates look like. They “Think” Dish is the solution to their problems, until the honeymoon period is over with or they try to turn on their game, when professional sports comes back.

No provider is “Horrible” people are just not happy with the price, or get behind on the bill and can’t dig themselves out of the hole.

Wait another month when this Corona forgiveness period is over where all companies stopped shutting people off for non payment. The providers may allow people to get away without paying for the moment, but the day is going to come when they want their money, and all the people who frittered away their unemployment, stimulus check or other payment they received for sitting on their ass are going to have a $500 bill that they can’t get out from under, unless they switch providers.

You all know how much I hate Dish. Besides the lack of sports programming, internet and HBO, it’s the same garbage service as Directv and the cable companies.

I hate to say it, in the areas that is served by cable or fiber, the cable and phone companies Are going to eventually win.

I changed my business model from satellite to cable 5 years ago. It was the best thing I ever did and has kept me in business.

Looking back I’m glad Dish terminated me when they did 8 years ago. Granted the money was good back then, but if I had kept all my eggs in 1 basket, and not focused on other providers and other products and services, I would have been out of business 4 years ago.

As internet becomes more and more of a necessity, the less dependent people are on traditional Tv service.

60-70% of my business is internet only.

Maybe 5% if that, is customers looking at Tv only. The ones who get Tv only are older than 60 years old. Most of these customers are in their 70’s and 80’s and never been on the internet.

Once those customers are gone and we move to a world where everyone has been online, satellite is going away.

Only customers who are subscribing to dish are cheap people, old people, Rual customers,

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that's one of the advantages to living in a rural area...bandwidth is always an issue. Sold two more systems Friday alone.

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
but once the dems get a rural broadband act passed, even those people will be able to stream....

remember back when dish had just been out for a yr or so, and subs were getting socked w/big ppv bills and then either canceling or getting shut off? what had happened was that some of them (or their kids) had discovered their rx's would let them order & watch ppv's even w/no phone line connected....but once a certain limit was hit w/no phone line communication, they couldn't watch them anymore....so then some of them figured out that if a line was then connected, it would let them watch ppv again....then some of them may have realized they might be chgd and thought they could get away w/o chgs if they only hooked up the line just to get the ppv to activate, and then yanked it....

but they were all wrong....the upshot was that once a line got hooked up at all, the rx uploaded the ordered ppv log, often from over a several month period, to dish, and here comes a surprise bill for maybe over $200.....

then after that it was the 'phone line fee' defranco fiasco

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
but once the dems get a rural broadband act passed, even those people will be able to stream....
Oh please. I'm shaking in my shoes. All the Dems will do is give the money to politically connected allies who are just as dumb and lazy as they are....the result, nothing but money wasted. I've already seen this for myself here in FL. They wasted millions to run fiber....that fiber sits unused to this day and that was 6 yrs ago.

Barricklow

Dish Network Retailer
But then everyone will have one so it won't be cool anymore. Yeah kinds like having money, if everyone has lots of it, it's just not worth so much.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
If you guys don't want your Lambos, send them to me, I'd like one in every color. :D

ncsalpena

Dish Network Retailer
Michigan broadband

Several years ago out then Democratic Governor started the Michigan Broadband Authority. Within the first year, it became so corrupt and full of pork, it was shut down. This is the first page of the bill. 10 mbps??? Not gonna do much streaming with that.
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT:
1 SEC. 13B. (1) EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN SUBSECTION (2),
2 A LOCAL UNIT SHALL NOT USE ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL FUNDS OR
3 LOANS TO PAY FOR THE COST OF PROVIDING QUALIFIED INTERNET SERVICE.
4 (2) A LOCAL UNIT MAY ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH 1 OR MORE
5 PRIVATE PARTIES TO PROVIDE QUALIFIED INTERNET SERVICE.
6 (3) AS USED IN THIS SECTION, "QUALIFIED INTERNET SERVICE"
7 MEANS HIGH-SPEED INTERNET SERVICE AT A SPEED OF AT LEAST 10 MBPS
8 UPSTREAM AND 1 MBPS DOWNSTREAM.

Last edited:

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Several years ago out then Democratic Governor started the Michigan Broadband Authority. Within the first year, it became so corrupt and full of pork, it was shut down. This is the first page of the bill. 10 mbps??? Not gonna do much streaming with that.
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT:
1 SEC. 13B. (1) EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN SUBSECTION (2),
2 A LOCAL UNIT SHALL NOT USE ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL FUNDS OR
3 LOANS TO PAY FOR THE COST OF PROVIDING QUALIFIED INTERNET SERVICE.
4 (2) A LOCAL UNIT MAY ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH 1 OR MORE
5 PRIVATE PARTIES TO PROVIDE QUALIFIED INTERNET SERVICE.
6 (3) AS USED IN THIS SECTION, "QUALIFIED INTERNET SERVICE"
7 MEANS HIGH-SPEED INTERNET SERVICE AT A SPEED OF AT LEAST 10 MBPS
8 UPSTREAM AND 1 MBPS DOWNSTREAM.
Ahh Grambitch! Now we got Whitbitch to deal with all over again.

Atleast Whitbitch is better looking then Grambitch

Top Bottom