Bp latest try 7 11 2010

GARY DIAMOND

(((tRump HATER)))
The process begun Saturday has two major phases: removing equipment currently on top of the leak and installing new gear designed to fully contain the flow of oil.

BP on Sunday said it had successfully removed the top flange that had only partially completed the seal with the old cap, almost a day earlier than a previous estimate.

Now that the top flange is removed, BP is considering whether it needs to bind together two sections of drill pipe that are in the gushing well head. The step following that involves lowering a 12-foot-long piece of equipment called a flange transition spool onto the well head and bolting it down.

After the spool is in place, the new cap — called a capping stack or "Top Hat 10" — can be mounted. The equipment, weighing some 150,000 pounds, is designed to fully seal the leak and provide connections for new vessels on the surface to collect oil. The cap has valves that can restrict the flow of oil and shut it in, if it can withstand the enormous pressure.

That will be one of the key items for officials to monitor, said Paul Bommer, a professor of petroleum engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.

"If the new cap does work and they shut the well in, it is possible that part of the well could rupture if the pressure inside builds to an unacceptable value," Bommer wrote in an e-mail Saturday.

Ultimately, BP wants to have four vessels collecting oil within two or three weeks of the new cap's installation. If the new cap doesn't work, BP is ready to place a backup similar to the old one on top of the leak.

The company originally planned to bring the Helix Producer on site and install the new cap at different times, but combined the two following forecasts of calm weather for about seven to 10 days.

The new vessels will all be connected to the gusher through flexible hoses that will allow them to disconnect and sail away much quicker in the event of a hurricane. Prior to the new lineup at the site, officials estimated they would need five days to remove everything in advance of a major storm; the new setup should cut that to two.

The government estimates 1.5 million to 2.5 million gallons of oil a day are spewing from the well, and the previous cap collected about 1 million gallons of that. With the new cap and the new containment vessel, the system will be capable of capturing 2.5 million to 3.4 million gallons — essentially all the leaking oil, officials said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100711/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill

Last edited:

sattec

EX Dish Network Retailer
It's up and it's....good! I think we got a winner folks! Expect an announcement in the next 24 hours....I predict they will have control soon. The key was to use the top hat 10 as "leverage" on the top flange to knock it off, they did that earlier today. From what I saw, they wanted to break it at the second flange from the top but one set of "nut catchers" WOULD NOT install. That ruled that out, then they immediately started taking the top flange apart. They never were able to get the last set of catchers of the lower flange, you can clearly see them missing. But I also saw them making plenty of mistake over the last 24 hours. BS mistakes that wasted a lot of time....they aren't in any hurry. Funny the key was to go through the top flange with the jag cut.....how many here were saying to remove the top flange?? I say this was dragged out, they knew the answer was to remove the broken jag cut flange all along, if they didn't, they should have!

john348

Dish Network Retailer
Unfuckingbelievable it took BP what 90 days to figure this out
Unbolt the flange and bolt another one on
We had better fine the living dog shit out of this co to the point of bankruptcy
They must get their engineers from the dish school
Remember they get fined on the amount (gallons) spilled
do you really believe they ever wanted to be able to contain this before they was ready to kill it, this way no one can ever come up with a truthful amount that was leaked, also the reason for dispersants added at the sea floor so it wouldn’t come to the surface
They must be in position to do the kill within a few days also
what a lying co this is, another big co doing what ever they want regardless how it effects any body else
I hope they go out of business

GARY DIAMOND

(((tRump HATER)))
I agree after it's fixed bankrupt them the damage is done, even if they fix it 100%

Soooooooo why didn't they do this two months ago? I'm sure someone thought of it

eddie_willers

Dish Network Retailer
Did you guys even look at that animation?
Did you see how fucking big that "thing" (talk about custom work) they built is?

And what it is going to take to pull this off?

And they need to do it while the original hole is gushing at 100%.

I'm shocked they can do it this fast.

AntAltMike

One of the latest "just roll up your shirtsleeve and fix it" recommendations came from a Russian sub captain saying he didn't see why they wouldn't just use his sub to fix it. Maybe if he was willing to put on his wetsuit once he got down there and do the "hands on" work himself...

Last edited:

GARY DIAMOND

(((tRump HATER)))
Did you guys even look at that animation?
Did you see how fucking big that "thing" (talk about custom work) they built is?

And what it is going to take to pull this off?

And they need to do it while the original hole is gushing at 100%.

I'm shocked they can do it this fast.

I'm not, the oil is still blowing up the tube unchecked for pressure