Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Activations are not going smoothly

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately we're still doing quite few Dish installs. One thing I've noticed the past few weeks is the activations are getting more and more glitchy. Doesn't seem to matter if I update the software version or not. It's almost like activations are in slo-mo. I've also learned to just let the receiver sit on ch 103 for about 10 minutes after it finally does activate....it seems to take that long for the guide to START downloading. If you press the guide button right after it activates you get a "feature not available" pop up. Looks REALLY bad in front of the customer.

From now on I'm going to activate the receiver and then spend time loading everything back on the van. If you just let it sit for about 10-15 minutes everything seems to be fine then.

Both wireless and wired Joeys are also real glitchy initially. I've gotten to where I hook them up and walk away. After I've shown the customer how the system works, then and only then do I go to the other locations and finish the setup.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
You're not doing DirecTv anymore?
Only commercial such as Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, Assisted living.

When I referred to garbage, I was specifically mentioning Dish. Directv is still a good product.

I sell cable Tv such as Spectrum, and Comcast.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Dish's equipment is far better, you know it, they just won't let you sell it.

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
even the ViP stuff took awhile to load guide

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
Dish's equipment is far better, you know it, they just won't let you sell it.
You don't get it. I don't fucking want to sell their Antiquated Kangaroo Garbage!

Maybe 8 years ago for several months after they stole all my residuals and terminated me, but I have moved on since then. To be honest, I don't want to sell Directv either or any residential satellite service for that matter (Including Orby). A matter of fact the only satellite I sell is Directv commercial and I deal with mostly hotels right now and assisted living and the occasional private office or bar and restaurant.

Believe me when I say this, nobody gives a fuck that the Hopper can record 13 shows at a time, has a 3 TB hard drive, or can skip commercials. Sure it sounds all great and awesome when you have a potential customer on the phone and you can talk about all the great features Dish network has to offer them.

I sell Cable TV through the Cable companies. Nobody compares cable to DISH Network based on features. Maybe 1 customer in the past 6 months has asked if we have something similar to the Hopper. To be honest, most customers are happy to be getting rid of that Dish Network crap from their home and are happy they are getting an affordable bundle with decent internet service.

But when your on the phone explaining all the awesome benefits of being a Dish Network customer, the customer will eventually ask the following 3 questions...

I want to see my Boston Red SUX, and then you got to tell them sorry Dish does not carry any regional sports channels, because Charlie is too dam cheap to pay for them.

Can we get HBO, and you got to tell them sorry once again that Dish chooses to NOT carry HBO, because once again Charlie does not want to pay for HBO which is owned by DIRECTV.

I would like to get Internet with that also, and you have to explain that DISH Network is NOT an internet service provider, and try to sell them Viasat, Hughesnet, Gotw3, or convince them to break their bundle with the cable company (Which they will pay full rack rates for just internet) and hope they don't realize that until after you finish installing their Kangaroo satellite system.

Im sorry to let you know, DISH SUCKS! This is exactly why I am happy to say that I no longer have to deal with those idiots and have them involved in my business anymore.

Yes, I do miss my residuals. I won't lie, but that is all I miss. I actually sleep better at night now having them involved in the day to day operations of my business.

STVSGJ

Dish Network Retailer
You don't get it. I don't fucking want to sell their Antiquated Kangaroo Garbage!

Maybe 8 years ago for several months after they stole all my residuals and terminated me, but I have moved on since then. To be honest, I don't want to sell Directv either or any residential satellite service for that matter (Including Orby). A matter of fact the only satellite I sell is Directv commercial and I deal with mostly hotels right now and assisted living and the occasional private office or bar and restaurant.

Believe me when I say this, nobody gives a fuck that the Hopper can record 13 shows at a time, has a 3 TB hard drive, or can skip commercials. Sure it sounds all great and awesome when you have a potential customer on the phone and you can talk about all the great features Dish network has to offer them.

I sell Cable TV through the Cable companies. Nobody compares cable to DISH Network based on features. Maybe 1 customer in the past 6 months has asked if we have something similar to the Hopper. To be honest, most customers are happy to be getting rid of that Dish Network crap from their home and are happy they are getting an affordable bundle with decent internet service.

But when your on the phone explaining all the awesome benefits of being a Dish Network customer, the customer will eventually ask the following 3 questions...

I want to see my Boston Red SUX, and then you got to tell them sorry Dish does not carry any regional sports channels, because Charlie is too dam cheap to pay for them.

Can we get HBO, and you got to tell them sorry once again that Dish chooses to NOT carry HBO, because once again Charlie does not want to pay for HBO which is owned by DIRECTV.

I would like to get Internet with that also, and you have to explain that DISH Network is NOT an internet service provider, and try to sell them Viasat, Hughesnet, Gotw3, or convince them to break their bundle with the cable company (Which they will pay full rack rates for just internet) and hope they don't realize that until after you finish installing their Kangaroo satellite system.

Im sorry to let you know, DISH SUCKS! This is exactly why I am happy to say that I no longer have to deal with those idiots and have them involved in my business anymore.

Yes, I do miss my residuals. I won't lie, but that is all I miss. I actually sleep better at night now having them involved in the day to day operations of my business.
Funny thing about Cable (TV Phone and Internet) It doesnt serve everyone, by a long shot.

claude greiner

Administrator
Staff member
No doubt, it's all about proper marketing and knowing the area you are selling in.
Nice thing about cable is you know just about all the homes in a region qualify. Only issues are blocked addresses due to household debt and customers owing back balances.

With Directv, unless there is Fiber, AT&T internet speeds are hit and miss. Funny the ones who can get fiber don’t want it, and the ones who can’t get fiber want no.

When you tell a customer you can get them fiber, no excitement whatsoever

Top Bottom