Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

$300 Gift Card

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Did an install yesterday, no mention of having a card. I know we've all been there done that, got the tshirt. Of course Dish sent them back to us. :rolleyes:

That's not really what prompted this thread. The account came up as a 3 star RETDHA24PLUS. He was 5 stars with DirecTv when we did that install about a year and 9 months ago, so he wondered why his credit wasn't so good with Dish, because he had to pay $50 for a Hopper 3. I blew it off casually with "Dish scores tougher", which he was fine with.

Then after just hanging up with him it dawned on me, if you get a letter with an Approval Code, you qualify as 4 star DHA24ELITE. He wouldn't have had to pay the $50 and I would have made a few extra dollars. Hmmmmm.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Did an install yesterday, no mention of having a card. I know we've all been there done that, got the tshirt. Of course Dish sent them back to us. :rolleyes:

That's not really what prompted this thread. The account came up as a 3 star RETDHA24PLUS. He was 5 stars with DirecTv when we did that install about a year and 9 months ago, so he wondered why his credit wasn't so good with Dish, because he had to pay $50 for a Hopper 3. I blew it off casually with "Dish scores tougher", which he was fine with.

Then after just hanging up with him it dawned on me, if you get a letter with an Approval Code, you qualify as 4 star DHA24ELITE. He wouldn't have had to pay the $50 and I would have made a few extra dollars. Hmmmmm.
When we go to build a Dish acct, if we get that "this customer has been sent a mailer" popup, we call them and ask if they have one. Some think it is automatic. Had one where she said she didn't have one so we built it. She called the morning of the install and said she had just gotten one in the mail. We got the code, called RS, they cancelled the agreement and I built it again, this time with the code. No issues.

DishDude1

Dish Network Retailer
Wow, they're still calling the promos Digital Home Advantage? That takes me back.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
When we go to build a Dish acct, if we get that "this customer has been sent a mailer" popup, we call them and ask if they have one. Some think it is automatic. Had one where she said she didn't have one so we built it. She called the morning of the install and said she had just gotten one in the mail. We got the code, called RS, they cancelled the agreement and I built it again, this time with the code. No issues.
This I know, the real point was the rest. Why when I qualified them without a code did they come up as a 3 star Dha plus and have to pay the $50? I've never seen anyone with the $300 approval code come up with anything except 4 star Dha elite, meaning they paid nothing for the Ho3.

dishstaller

Administrator
Staff member
Gotcha, yeah, I noticed that as well. However, IF you get that popup window and you click ok, then put in the last 4 of their social, it will categorize them as Elite-4.

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
Nope. Did that and it came back with Plus. When I saw Plus I knew they didn't get the $300 offer, it was just a prequal customer that gets no deal, but..........

y2k

Former Dish Network Sufferer
this sounds like the way dr's have to operate (run business, not do surgery)- rather than taking care of patients, they're saddled w/endless paperwork & hoops to jump through

GRAVESSAT

Dish Network Retailer
Nope. Did that and it came back with Plus. When I saw Plus I knew they didn't get the $300 offer, it was just a prequal customer that gets no deal, but..........
I have had several people get the $300 gift card and were a plus customer, I think they are mailing them to elete and plus customers!!

Antenna Man

Dish Network Retailer
I have had several people get the $300 gift card and were a plus customer, I think they are mailing them to elete and plus customers!!
I've never seen one come up less than 4 star Elite. I have a friend with a credit score over 800. She's been waiting close to a year for one of the mailers and she'll say so long to DirecTV. I keep her posted everytime a new wave comes out. Just did an install yesterday for someone who's been disconnected from Dish for about 6 months(good thing they contacted me back then or they would have Dish Paused their old account with 2-722s) while they've refurbed an old house and decided to try streaming with 6 Mbps. First question he had was, "why is Dish so much clearer than the streaming". 2 adults, 3 kids, sometimes trying to stream at the same time.

As for the original issue, last I talked to them, Dish of course had pointed them back to me, but they didn't buy it and were going to call them back and on my suggestion get transferred a few rungs up the ladder, knowing the first couple of rungs can't make any changes. Haven't heard back from them(now they're sure to call) since I posted this. Maybe someone at Dish did do something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom