Go Back   Dishretailer Discussion Boards > General Forums > Sky Retailer Forum

Old 05-21-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
tlhammel

Send a message via ICQ to tlhammel
I am curently a sales person at a retailer and would like to know the process of becoming my own dish and direct retailer. Is it worth it now.? What kind of money is involved? a step by step out line if possible I would really appreciate it! I have already called and requested packets from dish and directv

Trent
Old 05-22-2003, 01:09 AM   #2
jscALLSTAR
Dish Network Retailer

Trent,

Got a couple of questions for ya.

Are you and your employer good friends?

If you are, I would suggest that you ask him these questions. Because if you are friends and you don't ask him, you guys will never speak again if you become a dealer.

Either way, he is going to feel betrayed.

Are you only a sales person?

If you really want to get in this business, consider relocating and you have have my operation for pennies on the dollar!!!

Now, that last sentence should tell you something and help you make up your mind.

Jeff
<form action="http://www.dumpcable.com/" method="">
Enter your Zip Code to find a local retailer .<span class="question"></span>
<input type=text name="Zip">
<input type=submit name="btnSubmit" value="Submit">
</p>&nbsp;</p>
</form>
Old 05-22-2003, 01:13 AM   #3
K&R-Dish
Dish Network Retailer

Jeff, I thought you wanted to take over all of Georgia!!

someone even told me you were going to hook back up as an RSP!!

I was going to go ahead and close down to avoid getting run over by your "installation machine"!!

JW
Old 05-22-2003, 03:01 AM   #4
Dishatlanta
Dish Network Retailer

Step one: buy expensive truck with sun roof and lots of tools.

Step two: while driving around town open sunroof and start throwing money out.

Step three: on Friday mornings open sunroof while parked and wait for small amount of cash to blow back in. Open drivers side window because some money will need to blow right back out.

Step four: have a drink on Friday evening with old boss and watch him offer to GIVE you his business because a Dish/ Directv business has no monetary value.

Step five: while recovering from Friday drinks expect whiny customers, that you did not install, to call multiple times and ask for free service calls.

Karen

Don't make the assumption that because something isn't "fair", somebody in charge actually cares. They don't.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:47 PM   #5

Is anyone looking for a sub dealer arrangement,working under your dealership to market satellite tv on a national scale.I have four years experience in the industry and over 1500 activations locally.If interested in my services either call or email me
bret
503-519-3773
freedomquest2004@yahoo.com

Old 10-09-2003, 09:31 AM   #6
ESGSAT
Dish Network Retailer

Hi Karen,

Your business plan sound almost identical to ours. The only difference was our financial consultant suggested we start with a convertable automobile instead of a truck with a sun roof.

BTW ... when attaching your ladder to the convertable the interior rear view mirror on the wind shield makes a pretty good place to hook the bungie cord.

Rick

My HBO works just fine, what's your problem?
Old 10-09-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
satman40
Dish Network Retailer

Now Lurker was just kidding.

He should talk to his boss, and he would probally be glad to make him a working partner, for a few bucks, and after a few days...

He would retire, and become a part-time worker...

The business plan for the working man...
Old 10-22-2003, 10:37 PM   #8

to all those in search of having a satellite business in sales and install take a look at the following. We are looking for sales installers who would like to earn the following pay rates:

$150 for every new activation of a Dish Network current promotion. $160+ a sale if individual can maintain 20+ sales a week.

and as payment for installations the installer shall recieve the complete reimbursement amount that we recieve. For example a 4 reciever install will earn $100 for primary $30 for second $20 for third and $10 for the fourth. A total of $160

We finance all equipment costs. We withhold 10% of sale commission to cover chargebacks. At end of 230 days from customer activation the 10% will be credited back.

Our company has been in business 22 years. We are nationwide. If you like what you hear let us know.

thanks,

Mark A. Reyes
866-639-Dish
801-746-0324 Fax
801-654-0112 Cell
tnservice@tele-news.net

Old 10-23-2003, 05:33 AM   #9
murf
Dish Network Retailer

Who is this dish network guy?

It's smarter to climb the same mountain 100 times than 100 different mountains.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #10
Unregistered

need help

i want to become a dealer in san diego, who can help me?

AL (619)957-8892